Another NSD - this one is definitely not cheep.....

What's Hot
paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 843
edited August 2023 in Other Instruments
Prop 3 gone,   Polybrute up for sale (though actually if it doesnt sell Im OK with that), and this Blue beast has come in.....

https://i.imgur.com/8d1LYaQ.jpg

Never one to stand still..... I am contemplating (if Polybrute does sell) also letting the Ob6 and P6 go - move Iridium to where I currently have Polybrute - and bringing in a Moog one....... though financially thats taking things up yet another league....
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jackiojackio Frets: 132
    How do you find it? The 3rd Wave
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Honeymoon period obviously, but it's glorious lol.

Obviously ppg inspired and digital front end but the digital vsf sounds analogue, though not as characterful as an oberheim but.... it very good at traditional analogue.   The prophet 5/10 analogue filters help thre.

It's got a massive low end and sounds just huge in general.  Even the blatdugitsl stuff has this lovely  quality... never harsh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yup it sounds great on youtube for sure. 

blatdugistl?
  • jackio said:
    Yup it sounds great on youtube for sure. 

blatdugistl?
    LOL - My fingers do NOT work on phone screens... Blatantly digital 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    Love a bit of blatdugsti. The grit and grind of pragxig, but with the more defined structure of jhufflphip. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    Lol I don’t know what most of these words mean
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2637
    It's a shame I'm never going to found a boutique synth company, because blatdugitsl  would be the perfect name. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1413
    Not "would be". It is the perfect name. blatdugitsl  ftw!

That is an impressive collection of knobs, @paulmapp8306. Well done.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    I have one. It's great.

Blatdugitsl to you all!
  • Considering letting the OB6 AND Pro 6 go?! Damn, those are 2 of my dream synths too. I see rumours that the Moog one eight voice has been discontinued.

Out of the OB and the Pro, which do you prefer?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10223
    edited October 2023
    I've got a couple of the same synths as you but it's really kind of overkill for me to have all of these. I've put my Summit, Iridium Keyboard up for sale. The Summit I will probably buy again one day but I need the cash right now and the Polybrute is amazing and all I need.

I just don't have the time to learn the Iridium so it's wasted.

I had a Prophet 6 and it had two manufacturing issues, and this is on top of the Rev 2 I had which also had an issue with an oscillator. I'm done with DSI/Sequential synths, my experience of them has been poor. Not only that, but I like a synth that does a bit more than just the basics even if they do them really well which is why the Polybrute is perfect for me. Saying all of that, it did develop an issue with one of the keys but Arturia sorted that out for me under warranty whereas with the Prophet and Rev 2 I had to pay out all three times which was annoying. 
  • I've got a couple of the same synths as you but it's really kind of overkill for me to have all of these. I've put my Summit, Iridium Keyboard up for sale. The Summit I will probably buy again one day but I need the cash right now and the Polybrute is amazing and all I need.

I had a Prophet 6 and it had two manufacturing issues, and this is on top of the Rev 2 I had which also had an issue with an oscillator. I'm done with DSI/Sequential synths, my experience of them has been poor. Not only that, but I like a synth that does a bit more than just the basics even if they do them really well which is why the Polybrute is perfect for me. Saying all of that, it did develop an issue with one of the keys but Arturia sorted that out for me under warranty whereas with the Prophet and Rev 2 I had to pay out all three times which was annoying. 
    Were the issues with your Pro 6 and Rev 2 out the box or did they arise over time? Do you remember the issues were?

Im thinking of getting a DSI/Sequential synth in the future and I have my eye on the Pro 6/Rev2/OB 6
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10223
    I've got a couple of the same synths as you but it's really kind of overkill for me to have all of these. I've put my Summit, Iridium Keyboard up for sale. The Summit I will probably buy again one day but I need the cash right now and the Polybrute is amazing and all I need.

Were the issues with your Pro 6 and Rev 2 out the box or did they arise over time? Do you remember the issues were?

Im thinking of getting a DSI/Sequential synth in the future and I have my eye on the Pro 6/Rev2/OB 6
    The Rev 2 had this issue with the sub octave where it just wouldn't turn off properly and would oscillate constantly. The P6, one of the diodes on one of the keys stopped working and the key stopped working completely. These were both used synths and it developed over time, both times Sequential accepted they were manufacturing issues not caused by misuse but I still had to pay for them to be fixed because they were out of warranty.