Recommendation required for a small synth?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17650
    tFB Trader
    If you have a Midi controller then the Roland MC 101 has ZenCore which is pretty good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was going to ask a similar question and have been drawn towards the Yamaha CP Reface and the Roland keys Go. The Roland is a bit bigger,60 or so keys and I like the effects gimmicks for fun too. Mostly I am looking for home use for fun,learning and theory practice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a Roland Keys and I really like it. My basic theory knowledge from a few years,about four,of playing guitar has helped with some understanding of how to play chords and basic melodies and with it's many effects (too much rap/hip hop/house type stuff for my liking ) it is fun to play. 61 keys is a lot more than I realised though.
  • My standard instinct for "small synth" is MicroKorg of some sort, but not sure how they are for piano sounds? 
    I use the korg microkorg Xl live(as does my duo partner) - does everything and also has a pc editor . I go from George Ezra to Kraftwerk without any problems- avoid iPads and that malarkey at all costs if you want to reduce stress. I am predominantly playing guitar as well and also singing 50% of the set 
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 135
    I just came on here to ask a very similar question…so please excuse me while I piggyback this thread:

we are looking for something around 61 keys that can do piano, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, organ, and basic synths. Full size keys preferred. 

Would the Yamaha MX be the cheapest option?