SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/T: Keeley 2 Knob Compressor, Harley Benton Power Plant

What's Hot
Acdeezee86Acdeezee86 Frets: 29
edited May 6 in FX £
I think I've made some savvy consolidating moves and so am ready to move stuff on.  The madness must end...I can't keep collecting these things!

All prices include first class postage:
  • Harley Benton Power Plant Jr £25 - no fuss, isolated power supply that has served me well and without a fault.  Has a euro plug, but I'll include an adapter.  Also note that output 2 is slightly misaligned and isn't flush with the metal casing.  It isn't loose though, and has never caused me any problems.

• Keeley 2 knob compressor £75. A classic ross style compressor, to my ears it keeps the high end quite nicely making for some nice sustained and sparkly tones.  But I guess I’m a caveman! I like the bog standard dyna comp better for my set up. I don’t have the box for this one. Pics coming soon.

• SOLD Boss CS3 £55- this has had the Monte Alums Ultra Mod Plus done to it (it also has a few chips and the rubber back has been peeled off so the velcro sticks). More info here.  I've not played a stock CS3, but this is quiet and smooth, even with the sustain cranked.  I'd keep it, but I play through a small tweed amp that, to my ears, already compresses enough.
  • SOLD (elsewhere) Boss RV6 £95 - Another fantastic pedal, but I really love verb and trem and have just sourced a 2-in-1 pedal for that purpose.  I want to be able to fit everything on a nano board, so this one has to go
  • SOLD Mooer Trelicopter £30 - these really are great and I enjoyed pairing it with the RV6...but the 2-in-1 pedal now covers that sound.
  • SOLD Boss BD2 £55 - this is the older, non-SMD, version, in case you want to take a soldering iron to it.  I really like this pedal, so versatile!  I've been holding onto it just in case, but I seem to really enjoy finding DIY clones of various ODs more...it's time to pass it on. 
  • SOLD Websmurfer Ge Fuzz Face clone £25 - I don't want to sell this, but am appalled at how much my pedal collection has grown. It does the fuzz face thing, cleans up nicely and has an internal bias pot, which is very effective.  I think it's a great pedal and like many on the forum I'm a fan of websmurfer/otalgiafx (check his ebay shop - his champ pedal is my main OD), I just find that FF pedal placement quirks make life complicated on a tiny board like mine.
  • SOLD Fuzzdog JHS Morning Glory clone £35 - A nice clone of a nice OD that I simply never gelled with.  This one was put together by DonkeyPedals, if that says anything to you? Pics coming up soon, it's in matte black, with green knobs, and velcro on the back.  Please note that I pealed off the white label, so there's no labelling on the pedal itself.
  • SOLD Keeley Verb o Trem £95 - I actually really enjoy this pedal. I used it to approximate a swampy fender reverb and tremolo sound through a tweed princeton without onboard effects, but I now have a TMPR that makes this obsolete for me.  I thought it did the job of mimicking that fender sound in my head admirably and, most importantly for me, it is very use to and dial in.  There are three kinds of trem available: bias, harmonic and pitch vibrato, but I only used the bias mode. It can also be just a verb or just a trem if you turn the effect you don't want all the way down.  Finally it has internal dip switches to switch beween either plate or spring reverb and another which is a treble cut.  Pics forthcoming.
  • WITHDRAWN Jeds Peds Super Klone - my third or fourth attempt to get along with klon clones, but they don’t seem to make the noise I want them to with my rig.  This one has switches for different options, but if I’m very honest I can’t hear much difference. Some further info here (https://www.jedspeds.co.uk/product-page/super-klone).  It's not the prettiest thing  and just to add, I've sanded it a bit and scuffed it so the comic sans is not so in your face...it now looks better? worse? can send pictures.
  • SOLD (on reverb) NuX Horseman £30Yet another klone I’ve tried to like, but just didn’t work for me.  This is a solid mini klone with gold and silver modes and buffer or true bypass options. Velcro on the back and no box for this one, but will be well packaged.  Pics as soon as I can!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cowie86cowie86 Frets: 22
    If anyone uses a compressor for any means at all, you owe it to yourself to check out a modded CS-3. I have one modded by K's Cave (same mods at Mont Alums) and it's the most versatile comp I've played - goes very super subtle to really thick, pumping compression and all with practically no background noise. Simple controls, too, unlike a lot of boutique versions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @cowie86 ;
     you’re going to
     make me regret this! 
  • Remind myself to post pictures BUMP!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2537
    I'll take the trelicopter if it's still available :+1:
  • You’ve got mail @lovestrat74  ;)
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2537
    You’ve got mail @lovestrat74  ;)
    As have you :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pictures added bump
  • Klon bump
  • Acdeezee86Acdeezee86 Frets: 29
    edited September 2023
    CS3 price drop bump

i’d consider a px for a cheap cry baby wah
  • Bump

Planning on taking sand paper to the ugly klone to see if it becomes more pallatable!
  • CS3 Price Drop + Klone pic
    edited December 2023
    Potentially interested in trades for any DIY clones (double od/boost or compressors would be of particular interest...but try me.) [*edit: no longer wtt for a mini ts]
    edited December 2023
    Pre-Christmas Bump - I plugged in the CS-3 again recently, it really is a nice, quiet compressor that seems to do a sort of 'hi fi' thing or "high end sparkle" as per monte allums' description...I'm fairly certain I'll regret selling this one, but at the moment I like the primitiveness of the dyna comp sound more.

Edit - as for the klone, feel free to make me an offer. ...also edited for shit grammar!
  • CS3 sold, just the klone left bump.  Sand the finish down and choose any font that isn't comic sans and it'll look pretty bad ass, I think :)
  • Keeley Reverb and Tremolo pedal added
    @Acdeezee86 glad to see you finally shifted the Mont Allums CS-3! I've never seen someone have to work so hard to shift such a phenomenal pedal for such an insanely low price! The world today is truly a troubling place  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @cowie86 haha you're making me feel awful about selling it!!  
    Acdeezee86 said:
    @cowie86 haha you're making me feel awful about selling it!!  
    To quote the man himself, "New is always better". So whatever the next incoming shiny bit of gear is, I'm sure you'll be glad you liquidised the old stuff for it.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2
    Morning Glory bump and Klone price drop bump

Edit: and fuzz face bump!

Happy to consider trades and am very keen on diy clones and the like.
  • Pmd