Come All Ye Manics Fans...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1095
    Manics' Facebook page now gradually going all Lifeblood themed... so we can expect an announcement in the next few days.

Do we get the "aww, do we HAVE to" reissue that GATS got... or something a bit sexier like the complete reinvention of KYE??
    I would be surprised if they went full KYE considering they have a new album coming very soon. I'd imagine a re-master, perhaps some edit of the tracklisting, and the full collection of b-sides included. (Arguably their best b-sides era).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here ya go:

https://www.roughtrade.com/en-gb/product/manic-street-preachers/lifeblood-20th-anniversary#cd-plus-x3

Celebrating 20 years of Manic Street Preachers critically acclaimed Seventh studio album Lifeblood.

CD - Remastered audio of the original 12 album tracks, overseen by James Dean Bradfield, and two brand new remixes of ‘1985’ by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and Gwenno alongside a redesigned digipak sleeve and including a 20 page booklet.

3CD - Bookset edition features remastered audio of the original 12 album tracks, overseen by James Dean Bradfield on disc 1 while discs 2 and 3 comprise B-sides, Demos, Outtakes and two brand new remixes of ‘1985’ by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and Gwenno. The 3CD bookset also includes brand new liner notes by John Harris and previously unseen photographs by Mitch Ikeda.

2LP and 2LP+ - Remastered audio of the original 12 album tracks, overseen by James Dean Bradfield, alongside a redesigned gatefold sleeve and 20 page booklet mirroring the original 2004 CD release.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Ahhh excellent, so we get the "somewhere inbetween" option used for TIMTTMY ...

Will definitely order the 3cd and LP off amazon or maybe the official site once its updated.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    Manics' Facebook page now gradually going all Lifeblood themed... so we can expect an announcement in the next few days.

Do we get the "aww, do we HAVE to" reissue that GATS got... or something a bit sexier like the complete reinvention of KYE??
    I didn't even realise this was a thing!

Agree with RocknRollDave that it's my fave album of theirs other than Holy Bible. 

I will be checking this out today.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

LPManic said:
    I daresay I'm the biggest Manics fan on here. 

I think my post above definitely confirms you're a bigger fan than I am :lol: 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

CHRISB50 said:

Agree with RocknRollDave that it's my fave album of theirs other than Holy Bible. 

The Gold Against The Soul Reissue?

It's been selling off cheap and was pretty cool, as well as a vinyl there was a 2cd version that is a big old hardback book.

If you never collected the singles, it gets you your B sides and stuff.

CHRISB50 said:

It's been selling off cheap and was pretty cool, as well as a vinyl there was a 2cd version that is a big old hardback book.

Yes. The GATS reissue.

I bought all the GATS singles as they were released. I went back and got all the singles from Generation Terrorists as well. And the Motown Junk EP.

I have a cracking playlist on an old iPod with all the Manic's B-Sides from the first 3 albums. Unfortunately the iTunes library that came from went long ago.

Starlover (Heavenly Records Version) B-side to From Despair to Where, and Patrick Bateman, B-side to La Tristesse Durera, are two of my favourite Manics tunes.

Regarding the reissue, I'm interested to hear the remasters of the album tracks (although I really liked the original production on the album). 

I'd like to have a look at the book as well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    CHRISB50 said:
    CHRISB50 said:

Yes. The GATS reissue.

I bought all the GATS singles as they were released. I went back and got all the singles from Generation Terrorists as well. And the Motown Junk EP.

I have a cracking playlist on an old iPod with all the Manic's B-Sides from the first 3 albums. Unfortunately the iTunes library that came from went long ago.

Starlover (Heavenly Records Version) B-side to From Despair to Where, and Patrick Bateman, B-side to La Tristesse Durera, are two of my favourite Manics tunes.

Regarding the reissue, I'm interested to hear the remasters of the album tracks (although I really liked the original production on the album). 

I'd like to have a look at the book as well.
    Tis "a fucking bargain" on that Amazon - I paid twice this price for it :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Against-Remastered-Manic-Street-Preachers/dp/B085RPX7RJ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3F1VKAXMJ3Z64&keywords=gold+soul+cd&qid=1707308351&sprefix=gold+soul+cd,aps,84&sr=8-5
    Should I treat myself to a daftly expensive bundle from the official site eh?

All signed and shiny :)
    I didn't pull the trigger. I enjoy some signed tat but I'm just gonna get the LP from HMV or Rough Trade.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Just a thanks for this thread - haven’t listened to The Holy Bible in years and whacked it on last night. Great album!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    LPManic said:
    I didn't pull the trigger. I enjoy some signed tat but I'm just gonna get the LP from HMV or Rough Trade.
    I kinda want one of those red t-shirts though ;)
    So, got the deluxe CD and vinyl from Amazon in the end!

Arrived today - nice vinyl, very quiet pressing over 2 discs at 45rpm.

Triple CD adds to the collection of CD hardbacks from the Manics on my shelf... only missing the Postcards... one, though that would be a solid bet for a re-issue in the next few years anyway.

But next... a vinyl reissue of the stunning Journal for Plague Lovers please gents :)
  • PjonPjon Frets: 313

But next... a vinyl reissue of the stunning Journal for Plague Lovers please gents :)
    I love that album so much! Possibly my favourite of theirs.
    Pjon said:

I love that album so much! Possibly my favourite of theirs.
    It's an astonishing bit of work.