My band's new project, RUSH3TTE

What's Hot
bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1656
My covers band FALL3N HALO are all Rush fans and have over the last few months decided to expand our repertoire of Rush covers, to the extend where we intend to perform a set of Rush tracks at special events.

Here's a few videos..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice work!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Great stuff! I love Rush! 

I've never seen a flying V bass before.
  • Nice job!

• Thanks for the kind words peeps...

axisus said:

I've never seen a flying V bass before.

Lorna has 2 Epiphones and at least 1 Gibson version that I can recall.. she has also bought a couple of Geddy Lee signatures for the Rush focused shows..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    @bloodandtears just spotted your playing in Lytham st Annes a week on Sunday.  I'll try and get over to watch, loved Rush growing up, any idea what time you'll be on?
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Nice! Your guitar is lovely!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • @kin we're on stage at 4pm. It's free entry. 
    There's 3 covers band on from noon, then us, followed by tributes to Queen and Genesis. 

Our show will consist of 2 halves, our Fall3n Halo rock covers set then our RUSH3TTE set. 
    My trading feedback

Great, look forward to it.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    edited August 2023
    Awesome , I don’t listen to Rush , only know Spirit of Radio  but I would definitely go and see your band , it’s more interesting to see & hear the music played live . Enjoyed the videos  definitely a good idea to learn some more and do a tribute type thing  , like I said  I’d Diego go and see you . I’d end up having to buy a rush Hits Cd lol  I have 2 songs I like & know now Spirit of radio & subdivisions 

ps ace Charvel swirl 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    edited August 2023
    It's good to see a band doing covers rather than the whole tribute dressing up thing!
    Were the synths in Subdivisions pre-recorded?
  • prowla said:
    It's good to see a band doing covers rather then the whole tribute dressing up thing!

@prowla yes we play to a click to enable us to augment our sound with the synths; only on songs that really really need it mind; obviously Subdivisions in this case. Stuff like Limelight, Freewill, Spirit, and Closer To The Heart can be managed sans backing track.

I've been in a number of tribute bands before and I know how critical an audience can be in this regard; given Lorna is female and none of us play synths we'd be wide open for scrutiny if we tried to compete with the true tribute acts. Rush3tte is an homage for an hour or so..  not a ticket only 3 hour Rush tribute experience.
    My trading feedback

• viz said:

ps ace Charvel swirl 

Cheers guys..

I intend to play a white Charvel for the Rush3tte shows though.. 
    My trading feedback

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    prowla said:
    It's good to see a band doing covers rather than the whole tribute dressing up thing!

@prowla yes we play to a click to enable us to augment our sound with the synths; only on songs that really really need it mind; obviously Subdivisions in this case. Stuff like Limelight, Freewill, Spirit, and Closer To The Heart can be managed sans backing track.

I've been in a number of tribute bands before and I know how critical an audience can be in this regard; given Lorna is female and none of us play synths we'd be wide open for scrutiny if we tried to compete with the true tribute acts. Rush3tte is an homage for an hour or so..  not a ticket only 3 hour Rush tribute experience.
    Brill - I wasn't sure whether you had an off-screen keyboard player!
    There's a US tribute(ish) band YYNOT; they're a four-piece with a female singer, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.
    I wasn't being critical (in case you thought I was, BTW) and I think it works just fine as it is.

• prowla said:
    prowla said:

There's a US tribute(ish) band YYNOT; they're a four-piece with a female singer, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.
    I wasn't being critical (in case you thought I was, BTW) and I think it works just fine as it is.

No, I didn't think you were.. There's no smoke and mirrors employed in what we are doing..  We might augment our sound for the benefit of some tracks as opposed to physically playing keyboard parts but then many bands do (inc RUSH at times). It's hard enough doing live drums, guitar, bass and vocals (and glockenspiel, tubular bells).
    My trading feedback

prowla said:
    prowla said:

No, I didn't think you were.. There's no smoke and mirrors employed in what we are doing..  We might augment our sound for the benefit of some tracks as opposed to physically playing keyboard parts but then many bands do (inc RUSH at times). It's hard enough doing live drums, guitar, bass and vocals (and glockenspiel, tubular bells).

Yep - Rush did, plus syncing with the video displays!
  • kin said:
    Great, look forward to it.

@kin ; did you make it??
    My trading feedback

• Here's a montage I'm sharing about to garner interest..

My trading feedback

• viz said:

ps ace Charvel swirl 

Cheers guys..

I intend to play a white Charvel for the Rush3tte shows though.. 
    guitars like this are better than Sex , gee I’m a nerd 
    @bloodandtears sorry mate no, I was there about half one ish on the Sunday but family stuff came up and I had to leave.
    gutted as I only live just round the corner , did manage to see a couple of bands on the Monday though.
    how did it go?
  • kin said:
    @bloodandtears sorry mate no, I was there about half one ish on the Sunday but family stuff came up and I had to leave.
    gutted as I only live just round the corner , did manage to see a couple of bands on the Monday though.
    how did it go?

our covers set went well, comfy shoes etc..  the Rush set was the first proper outing so we were a bit nervy to start.. bit sloppy but not sure most people would have noticed, managed 6 Rush songs overall and finished strongly. Very positive feedback.
    My trading feedback