SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT : D'Angelico Excel EX 63 SOLD

What's Hot
FonusbakFonusbak Frets: 46
edited November 2023 in Acoustics £

Another guitar of mine that's been so seldom used it's embarrassing...a Jazzer's delight! Sadly, I play jazz like the guys on the Fast Show so...

Not one I know a whole lot about either - other than it looks amazing - if Carlsberg did headstocks! Below is the blurb from the internet which says it all much better than I could. There are also a few Youtube-lets which show it being played as it should be. 

"The EX-63 is a throwback capable of rousing an awful lot of attention. A non-cutaway, round-hole archtop modeled after the last guitar that John D’Angelico ever built, the 63 boasts a wispy, crisp tone and remarkable playability, featuring an ebony fingerboard and C-shape neck. Elegance and function come together in its floating ebony piezo bridge and signature trapeze-style Stairstep tailpiece. No knobs needed. Complete with Grover Super Rotomatic tuners and Scalini pickguard.

Grover Imperial Super-Rotomatic Tuners
Grover Imperial Super-Rotomatic tuners boast an exceptionally smooth turning radius, allowing for supreme tuning accuracy and keeping you in tune longer.

BODY STYLE HollowBODY
SHAPE Non-Cutaway
BODY DEPTH 3", BODY WIDTH 17",
TOP MATERIAL Spruce, BACK MATERIAL Laminated Flame Maple
SIDE MATERIAL Laminated Flame Maple
PICKUP Piezo
SCALE 25"
BINDING 7 Ply
PICKGUARD Tortoise Scalini
BRIDGE Floating Ebony
HARDWARE COLOR Gold
TAILPIECE D'Angelico Stairstep
TUNERS Grover Super Rotomatic
LOGO Mother of Pearl Excel Shield
HEADSTOCK VENEER Ebony
NUT MATERIAL Bone, NUT SIZE 1 - 11/16"
TRUSS ROD Dual Action, TRUSS ROD COVER Aluminum Skyscraper
NECK SHAPE C-Shape, NECK MATERIAL Maple
FRETBOARD MATERIAL Rosewood
SIDE POSITION MARKER Black Dot
INLAY Mother of Pearl
FRET NUMBER 20, FRET WIRE Medium Jumbo
OUTPUT JACK Side Mount Switchcraft
STRAP PIN Two Gold
CASE Deluxe Hard Case"

The case for this is HUGE so picking it up from South Manchester/Airport area may be the easiest/cheapest. Cost to post via the local Mailbox Etc franchise (who will do a far better job of packaging/parcelling/sending than I ever would!) looks to be about £50. 

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh....one final point. It's been hard to find a valuation for this so I took the price from a sale on Reverb a few years back. That was in the USA so added the 25% + postage more expensive to get here. Not a brilliant way to do it but that's as scientific as I got....feel free to challenge/inform. 

https://imgur.com/a/P6HAadv

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments