SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Takamine EG332C electro-acoustic: PRICE DROP

SnagsSnags Frets: 5420
edited August 2023 in Acoustics £
----------------------
Sold on Facebook
----------------------

NEW PRICE
On reflection I may have been a tad optimistic.

Revised price: £100 including gig bag
---------------------------------------------

This was my first acoustic (excluding a Spanish holiday cheapo special gifted to me by family friends), bought new around the late 1990s from Coda. It has covered a lot of ground with me, and when you start looking has definitely "had a life" although not a hugely violent or abusive one, excluding a few strap failures and stand knocks, with the odd scar to show for it.

Over the years it has had (in order of chronology, oldest first):
  • E-Z Peg brass bridge pins
  • strap button added on the heel (should really have gone on the underside for balance, but the mate who did it didn't know as much as he thought he did. Works fine though, just beware of neck dive if you let go and have a slippy strap on. Stop sniggering at the back)
  • new output jack
  • a setup
  • new tuners (Gotoh)
  • new nut and another setup
It has been my main acoustic, my backup acoustic, my holiday guitar.

Currently strung with a new set of Martin SP phosphor bronze, 12s.

I believe I can find the original tuners (although a couple of them are knackered) and the original bridge pins (less certain, but I think so) if it really mattered to anyone.

Cosmetically it's basically OK. The worst ding is the crunch in the headstock (pictured below), and there are shallow scratches, swirls, dimples etc. in the body and sides that you'd expect in a guitar that's been well used over 25-ish years.

Pre-amp (3-band EQ and volume) works fine. I've used it live earlier this month whilst my usual guitar was being worked on.

Holds tune, good action, sounds like a late 90s Takamine which you'll either like or you won't, I guess. Won't cook your dinner or keep you warm at night, but it also won't gossip to your mates behind your back.

The frets are worn, no two ways about that, and there's not really enough meat in them to allow for them to be polished out, so if you wanted perfect frets it would need a refret, which is going to be more than the guitar is worth. However, it still plays absolutely fine, so if you don't look it won't upset you. There's also a bit of misting under the finish on the back/neck, although it looks worse in the photos than in real life (I didn't even notice until I took the photos).

The only other niggle is that for plugged in use you do sometimes have to wiggle the battery carrier as there's a little bit of play. Once it's in the right place it stays there, though - I have never, ever had it flake on me mid-set, so it's quite possible that a squirt of contact cleaner would sort it.

Pictures below (click the image for enlargements). If anyone wants audio clips I can sort some out. This is a functional workhorse, not a boutique wet dream, however

£150 ono

** Now with added gig bag ** woohoo, hold the front page. After some rummaging and re-organising I've turned up an old "Granite" acoustic gig bag, with detachable front pouch (can be worn as a bag/rucksuck itself). That can go with it too, if needed.

Collection/meet up in the general vicinity of Hertford or on fortuitous travels (reasonably regular trips to Cheshire, plus other random destinations).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments