Sound hole pickups?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Mics are a hassle? What's a hassle is deciding not to use a mic and then in the mixing stage trying to get an acoustic pickup to sound good.

If you want vaguely recording quality then a seymour duncan magmic....but it costs more than your guitar.

Buy an audix i5 and put it on a stand. 
    ^
    On the nail imo.

Unless you are thinking of performing live with your Tanglewood, there is no way that fitting an internal up just for recording purposes could make sense. 

Factor also the cost/ hassleof putting a bad fitment right or wrong pick up choice and generally messing with your much liked instrument.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
    edited August 2023
    Lewy said:
    @Lewy Didn't know that was an option, I'll check acoustic IRs out then. Thanks
    There are some free Acoustic guitar IRs that are quite good I think. I think @timmyo has experimented in this regard?
    Soz - missed this - “I’m on me ‘olidays!” as they say 

Yes a LONG while back I got some acoustic IRs to use with a piezo guitar I had at the time (might have been when I had a Yamaha LL16 - I forget now)  - in the downloads that accompanied the purchase were various versions of the IRs for use with different sources - piezo under saddle, magnetic acoustic pickup etc, but also electric guitar. I was a bit surprised but gave them a go out of curiosity - imho the result was better (electric guitar direct to that IR intended for that source) than any acoustic piezo hatefulness that plagues stages from the Dog and Duck to major headline acts. 

When I’m home I’ll see if I can find which company supplied the IRs like this - I want to say 3Sigma but not certain. Might be worth checking their site in the meanwhile. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom