SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: singer, Edinburgh area

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72344
    So yet another potential singer flakes out on us…

Is it us? Me? Something that happens when you're the wrong side of 45?

Surely someone must know someone who can sing - or at least shout vaguely in tune - and who wants a bit of fun in a band?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited December 2014
    Are you over 45!? I wouldn't have guessed from the other night at the gig!

Man, I'd been searching for years to start a band in Edinburgh until I slotted into the one I'm in now. 

How else can you find people? I tried music shops (ads on boards), a couple free musicians websites (one which worked) and there are a few which you have to PAY for!! I hope you find somebody soon but it can get pretty depressing! Bloody flaky musicians!!

I posted my band clips to a bassist who would sometimes play with me. He flaked out on me months ago. Now that he sees me in a functioning band he's asking for some of that action (even though we have a bass player :s) - ridiculous!! So... step in after all the work is done? Flake away... just flake away....!

I even spent several months going to as many gigs as I could, jotting down peoples' numbers etc but nobody ever got back to me that way. Very poor. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72344
    Are you over 45!? I wouldn't have guessed from the other night at the gig!
    lol 

47 :).

The good news on the band is that we may have someone… I won't say anything definitely yet though!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Nice one, fingers crossed!!