SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1977 USA Hand Built LoPrinzi Dreadnought

Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 210
edited September 2023 in Acoustics £

This is an LR-20 model and the Plainsboro, New Jersey label dates it between 1975 & 1980 & serial number 3421 puts it (with best research) in 1977.

It’s a hand built Dreadnought very much in the style of a Martin D35 (but not a copy).  The limited information that I have on this guitar confirms that they were all solid woods with Adirondack Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides.  It's definitely South American Rosewood, my guess was Honduran, but I’ve been confidently told today, during a setup, that this is Brazilian rosewood. 

The mahogany neck has a comfortable D profile, a flawless, dark eBony fingerboard and a 45mm / 1 & 3/4 inch nut (slightly wider than a Martin).  The frets are in good shape and the neck binding goes over the nib ends like a Les Paul.

The guitar has a big, full sound, typical of a rosewood dreadnought.  The action at the 12th fret is 2.4mm on the bass E and 1.6mm on the treble e.  It has had a Bridge Doctor fitted, I've had that checked today too and it its correctly adjusted.  

It’s in overall great condition but with the inevitable nitro finish checking on the top. The back is nothing short of stunning looking with just a few light swirls from natural play wear. 

The end pin is intact, it has never had a pick up fitted and it never had a strap button fitted at the neck end.

Comes in a very solid and well fitting Epiphone Case.

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This sounds like exactly my kind of thing. Don't suppose trades are of interest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This sounds like exactly my kind of thing. Don't suppose trades are of interest
    Hmmm… I’m too curious to say no.  :)
    There’s nothing that I need… But that has never stopped me before! What have you got?
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • @andy_strings partial trade for the Martin gpc-5E I'm selling? A bit smaller than this and with all the modern appointments, amazing pickup etc.
    Depends if you're looking for another acoustic I suppose.