One off PLI for a band.

Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
Posh wedding venue want my band to have Public Liability insurance cover. I’ve never been asked for this before and we don’t normally do weddings so I just need a one off event cover. 

I have PLI for myself (as an MU member).

Any recommendations for where I can get a one off band/event cover?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10419
    You can get it for a year for £70 ish for the whole band ...https://www.insure4music.co.uk/ or just get each band member to get it themselves for a year, it's only £25 each for a year 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    Danny1969 said:
    You can get it for a year for £70 ish for the whole band ...https://www.insure4music.co.uk/ or just get each band member to get it themselves for a year, it's only £25 each for a year 
    Brilliant thanks, I’ll check that out! 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Allianz could also be worth a look.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    I could be wrong, and maybe it depends on the terms of your policy, but if one of you already has PLI, the rest of the band is covered by your insurance.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8721
    I could be wrong, and maybe it depends on the terms of your policy, but if one of you already has PLI, the rest of the band is covered by your insurance.
    Your insurance will cover yourself and your equipment, but not the rest of the band. However every venue that’s asked for PLI has been satisfied with a copy of my insurance certificate. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • We just maintain an annual full band insurance.. £70.   £2million
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Roland said:
    Your insurance will cover yourself and your equipment, but not the rest of the band. However every venue that’s asked for PLI has been satisfied with a copy of my insurance certificate. 
    You might want to go beyond getting the gig, and consider what would happen if something went wrong. If a member of the audience trips on your band colleague’s messy cables and breaks their arm, your own PL insurer is not going to pay out as the incident wasn’t caused by you or your kit.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8721
    Keefy said:
    Roland said:
    You might want to go beyond getting the gig, and consider what would happen if something went wrong. If a member of the audience trips on your band colleague’s messy cables and breaks their arm, your own PL insurer is not going to pay out as the incident wasn’t caused by you or your kit.
    We’ve thought about that. Most of the PA and lights, and all the power and XLR cables, are mine. Colleagues have their own insurance. My comment was about what venues want to see.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Roland said:
    Keefy said:
    Roland said:
    We’ve thought about that. Most of the PA and lights, and all the power and XLR cables, are mine. Colleagues have their own insurance. My comment was about what venues want to see.
    That’s fair enough then, I stand corrected :)