SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb vintage Gibson acoustic NOW SORTED

paul111spaul111s Frets: 119
edited January 7 in Acoustics £
I’m hankering towards a vintage 40s or 50s or early 60s Gibson acoustic, has to be sunburst and X braced. I’m open to models. Anybody thinking of moving anything on? 
Now Sorted
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 58
    Early 50s gonna be likely a far better and more money than late 60s. I'd say an early 50s lg2 or 3 best value but a pre 1954 southern jumbo would be the best...
  • paul111spaul111s Frets: 119
    koss59 said:
    Thanks, I’d seen this. Wasn’t so keen on the cherry burst on it. 
    Had it been a darker burst I’d probably of bought it
    edited August 2023
    MikeP said:
    Early 50s gonna be likely a far better and more money than late 60s. I'd say an early 50s lg2 or 3 best value but a pre 1954 southern jumbo would be the best...
    I’d prefer an a 50s-early 60s but open to seeing what it out there. 
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    There’s an LG-3 for sale on this forum that might be worth looking at. The KG-14, also on here, although not x braced might also be worth a look.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    Nice looking Epiphone Cortez at 20th Century Toys and Phil is a nice chap to deal with 

• Still looking
  • It's not X-braced but you are welcome to come try it out. https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/252561/fs-1937-kalamazoo-kg-14#latest
    Still looking for the right guitar, a 50s J45 would be Lovely, budget is £6k
  • Ooooh, this is an exciting post.  I'll keep my ear to the ground for you.... and my eye.
    If you're in the area, I strongly recommend visiting Tony at Replay Acoustics.
    He is an absolute gent and a real character.
    He has so many guitars and ones that aren't on the website.
    Don't be put off by the prices.  You can talk to him.  He also knows people.
    He's not pushy at all and it's a once in a lifetime thing to see so many vintage acoustics.
    Kind regards,
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 58
    Tony is great and will work on price/ trade ins etc and you'll get a real feel for what you want. In general I wouldn't even pick up the instruments that are way out of budget for instance the nick Lucas is fantastic...

Oh and yeah there's definitely no pressure to buy, you can play for a couple of hours and walk away, he knows the game and you might be back in a few years...
    Cheers Guys, I have emailed him a few days ago and he’s yet to reply, I’ll pop him another message again to try and wake him up 
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    I know @koss59 had trouble getting in contact with Tony recently but from the sound if it, had a positive experience once he did. He might know the best way to track him down. 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    Yeah stick with it, my emails struggled to get through at first for some reason.
    It definitely didn’t work using the contact on his site.
    He’s a top bloke though and I’ve never seen such an incredible selection of vintage acoustics.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/