Budget monitors

What's Hot
What's good for listening these days (not mixing)
Rebuilding my home office to separate it from my music room.
I've got Kali LP6s in the music room, but would like to listen to music in the office.
Whats good these days? The Presonis 4.5s seem to be a good buy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Budget?
    Do you prefer clarity, bandwidth or volume?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Upto £150. I Guess clarity mainly with a bit of bass.but not bass heavy or flubby.

• DaiBDaiB Frets: 10
    I’ve got the Presonus zeros 4.5 and am really happy with them. I think they’re great value for money. 
  • I like the little presonus Eris in a second little project space I have.  You can get a matching sub.
  • I preferred the Presonis Eris 3.5’s to the 4.5’s. In the space I was using them (I had them pretty close to a wall) they sounded more balanced.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I've got the Eris 4.5.  They are balanced and the mixes transfer well, but low end is liited, as you would expect with drivers that size.  I might get the sub, at some point.

Don't get the bluetooth versions, as they are noisy (although not noticiable if not connected).
    Cheers, I might find the extra cash and go with the Eris 5s.
    I love my Kali Audio LP6s, but with the new V2s they have uppsed the cost considerably.
    These monitors are mainly for media consumption, e.g. spotify/youtube in the background when I'm working
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691

I've got the Eris 4.5.  They are balanced and the mixes transfer well, but low end is liited, as you would expect with drivers that size.  I might get the sub, at some point.

Don't get the bluetooth versions, as they are noisy (although not noticiable if not connected).
    Just to clarify they're only noisy if the phone etc. is connected by Bluetooth and you don't notice if connected directly?
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    I have the Presonus Eris 3.5 BT in my man shed and they sound great. Way more bass clarity than I was expecting.

I can't say I've noticed any significant noise with Bluetooth on although I've not had it cranked. Will keep an ear out during tonight's lifting weights with rock music playing session 
    Looks like presonus (now Fender) have pretty much cornered this end of the market, there seems to be little else available at this quality and this price, the only other alternative seems to be Mackie or Behringer