Matrix UKP1300 power amp - any good?

JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4541
One of these has popped up locally for fairly cheap.  Any experience?  Worth a look?
Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes definitely worth a look good amps British made. 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6879
    I’ve got a matrix GT800 power amp and they’ve got a good reputation, not heard of the UKP series. Matrix amps were a great PA amplifier manufacturer, but think they’ve had issues recently after moving over to the USA.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1438
    mrkb said:
    I’ve got a matrix GT800 power amp and they’ve got a good reputation, not heard of the UKP series. Matrix amps were a great PA amplifier manufacturer, but think they’ve had issues recently after moving over to the USA.
    Ive also the GT800FX power amp, running a Kemper into it into 2x12.

Great Poweramp IMO, quite transparent
  • Are they the same company that do the Neolight cabs?

We're currently using an old Peavey mixer amp.  But I have a small Soundcraft mixer as well, and I wonder whether that plus a separate power amp is going to be more flexible.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    We're currently using an old Peavey mixer amp.  But I have a small Soundcraft mixer as well, and I wonder whether that plus a separate power amp is going to be more flexible.
    I'm a big advocate of amps being a separate unit from the mixer (and the speakers).  If the amp module goes down in a powered mixer or an active cab, you have to get a specific part that may or may not still be available/manufactured (and with pairs of powered speakers, it takes the pair out of action as you don't have a matching one any longer).  If a standalone power amp running unpowered speakers goes down, your options are much wider to replace it - you can get through a gig running a pair of speakers in mono off a single amp channel in the meantime, and you can grab any available power amp that's appropriately specified, instead of being tied to a bespoke unit.