WYNIRO’s thread diversion

What's Hot
RolandRoland Frets: 8743
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting the Clapton Tone..
Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 362
    His tone comes from his racism and attentive parenting.
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

8reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9723
    WYNIR0 said:
    Not funny
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    HAL9000 said:
    WYNIR0 said:
    Not funny
    subjective. As is all humour, music, art, politics etc etc
    monquixote said:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1592
    edited August 2023
    WYNIR0 said:
    HAL9000 said:
    WYNIR0 said:
    Not funny
    subjective. As is all humour, music, art, politics etc etc
    Nah mate that's just low. If you find humour in a child's tragic death you need help. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    HAL9000 said:
    WYNIR0 said:
    Not funny
    lol
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @WYNIR0 - that truly is the first comment on the fretboard that has disgusted me and made me call someone out. That is exactly the same as you loosing a son and me "Joking" that's how you get your guitar tone. 
    Did Clappo's comments in Birmingham in the 70s also disgust you? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    edited August 2023
    Loobs said:
    @WYNIR0 - that truly is the first comment on the fretboard that has disgusted me and made me call someone out. That is exactly the same as you loosing a son and me "Joking" that's how you get your guitar tone. 
    Snorey McSnorey McSnooze.   I did wonder how long it would take for you to bring that up yet again though.  First, this is a thread about Clapton tone.  Secondly, if you want to start a thread to join all the countless other ones about what a drunken man said one night in the '70's there are other sections for that.  Btw nearly everyone had something racist to say in '70's, it was kind of built into the fabric of life.  Good job we can all move on.  And yes, @WYNIR0 you didn't exactly cover yourself in glory with your "joke" about him losing his son.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    And yes, @WYNIR0 you didn't exactly cover yourself in glory with your "joke" about him losing his son.
    And yet I don't remember asking for your sign-off on my sense of humour. 

There is always the option of taking the approach of ignoring and moving past what you don't like, or alternatively this place still has an ignore button. 

I'll not be responding to anymore hubristic tutting on his thread.  How about getting back to Claptons tone? 
    monquixote said:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2023
    thebreeze said:
    Loobs said:
    Snorey McSnorey McSnooze.   I did wonder how long it would take for you to bring that up yet again though.  First, this is a thread about Clapton tone.  Secondly, if you want to start a thread to join all the countless other ones about what a drunken man said one night in the '70's there are other sections for that.  Btw nearly everyone had something racist to say in '70's, it was kind of built into the fabric of life.  Good job we can all move on.  And yes, @WYNIR0 you didn't exactly cover yourself in glory with your "joke" about him losing his son.
    Chill. Clapton is a racist bigot. Plenty of people didn't spout racist nonsense from the stage while getting rich playing their music. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 716
    edited August 2023
    thebreeze said:
    if you want to start a thread to join all the countless other ones about what a drunken man said one night in the '70's there are other sections for that.  Btw nearly everyone had something racist to say in '70's, it was kind of built into the fabric of life.  
    I've been drunk many a time and it never made me suddenly come out with a bunch of racist shit; that kind of thing doesn't come out of your mouth if it wasn't already there in your brain to begin with. And no, not by any measure whatsoever did 'nearly everyone have something racist to say in the 70s' - it was only 'built into the fabric of life' of the kind of people who were actually racists. I'm sorry, but your post comes across as basically just trying to excuse or diminish the awfulness of racism. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
    thebreeze said:
    if you want to start a thread to join all the countless other ones about what a drunken man said one night in the '70's there are other sections for that.  Btw nearly everyone had something racist to say in '70's, it was kind of built into the fabric of life.  
    I've been drunk many a time and it never made me suddenly come out with a bunch of racist shit; that kind of thing doesn't come out of your mouth if it wasn't already there in your brain to begin with. And no, not by any measure whatsoever did 'nearly everyone have something racist to say in the 70s' - it was only 'built into the fabric of life' of the kind of people who were actually racists. I'm sorry, but your post comes across as basically just trying to excuse or diminish the awfulness of racism. 
    100%
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyGT75AndyGT75 Frets: 84
    WYNIR0 said:
    Fuck me, that’s low. This site is depressing. Exit stage left. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    AndyGT75 said:
    WYNIR0 said:
    Fuck me, that’s low. This site is depressing. Exit stage left. 
    I know, too soon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    I don't think saying "I've been drunk loads and never went on a racist rant" or "I've taken all sorts and never went goose stepping up and down the high street" is really in the same sphere. In 1976 Clapton was a thoroughly fucked up, suicidal, self loathing, isolated alcoholic drug addict. 

So if you've been one of them, and can hand on heart say that, while you were, you weren't capable of the kind of wretched hurtful things that he did, then fair enough. But I don't think that many people who've been there can say that. And I think if you start boycotting the output of artists who've been in that place you're basically left with Daniel O'Donnell. 

That doesn't account for the modern day sober, straight Clapton choosing to equate mask wearing mandates and vaccines passes with slavery though. Which is why Robert Cray won't have anything to do with him any more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24843
    edited August 2023
    Lewy said:
    That doesn't account for the modern day sober, straight Clapton choosing to equate mask wearing mandates and vaccines passes with slavery though. Which is why Robert Cray won't have anything to do with him any more. 
    The song in question was written by Van Morrison. 

Clapton’s views on vaccines have been widely misrepresented. He took the vaccine twice and was badly affected by it - hence he decided not to have a third dose. It seems expressing any negativity around this topic isn’t acceptable. I was pretty ill after each of the three I had and contracted COVID three weeks after the third. My conclusion was on that occasion at least, it neither prevented me catching it, nor passing it on to others - hence I’ve not had a fourth dose. 

His song ‘Pompous Fool’ (released last year) was a clear pop at Boris Johnson and he is on record as believing we should have remained in the EU.

Not for one moment would I defend the 70s Birmingham diatribe but to genuinely believe that it represents who he really is today suggests an inability to accept people can change and redeem themselves.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14323
    tFB Trader
    Not sure why such topics change course so easily - A regular FB contributor wants some help/advice about acquiring a certain tone, so lets hop in and help as required

If the header was 'why is EC a total knob head and hated so much' then again join in as required - But that wasn't the question in this case
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    thebreeze said:
    When you’ve got millions of people sitting down in the evening to have a good laugh around the The Black and White Minstrel Show, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum etc on the BBC, of course it’s built into the fabric of life.  B&B’s openly advertising No Blacks or the use of words that were common parlance that we rightly wouldn’t dream of using these days (although some even stand in song lyrics on classic tracks today).  Enoch Powell? Ever attend a sporting fixture in the ‘70’s?   I think it’s potentially more problematic in tackling the awfulness of racism if you can’t acknowledge that that was the reality and accept that as a result both unconscious and conscious racism abounded in those days.
    My post wasn’t intended to excuse racism (which I’m sure you actually appreciate) but rather to ask why fixate on one individual (very flawed/ill at the time) when there were so many others - all of us in a way?  I imagine it’s easier to project all our anger, indignance and yes, unconscious racism on to one person.  Then we don’t have to look at what really might be going on, that’s much harder.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8743
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting the Clapton Tone..
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.