Bound for Glory - Black Star Riders Tab

What's Hot
I've searched high and low for the tab for this track or even a video lesson.

Can't find it anywhere.

Just wondered if anyone here knows where a tab or video lesson might exist. Doesn't have to be free. If you know of paid for sites with this tab/video then I'm interested.

Cheers
Mike

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The lack of any comments from anyone has sort of confirmed my fears. It doesn't look there is anything. I've checked LickLibrary, etc.

No joy.

I wondered if this might have been featured in a guitar mag in the past but also no joy there.

I'm now down to watching Youtube footage slowed down so I can see where the fingers are! :)

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10474

I'm in a Lizzy tribute band @PermanentWaves and we do this number

It's in the key of A

Main motiff : 

Here's one central, the other plays a harmony in thirds and there's a fifth burried in the mis as well

............................................................................................................................................
    ............................................................................................................................................
    .................6 6 7 8 ................6.....6 bend up half step ............9 bend up whole tone ...7..6. 
    ...............................7....7  9 ....7 ..................................9 7 ..............................................
    ........................................................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................................................

Verse A - F# - D run down Db to B to A then A - F# - D - then Db DB to EE

Bridge - D to E to rundown F# to E to D to Db  then Bm to E

Chorus is A - Bm -D - E then A - Bm -D - E then A - F# - Ab -  D  - E - F# - E 
    End of second verse doesn't have bridge 

Solo has the chug riff on F# then goes to key of A but it's just a load of noise, anything in F# pentatonic will work

Hope that helps

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    edited October 2014
    There was an intro and riff, IIRC, on ultimate guitar, but I'd presumed you seen that. I'd trust Danny's version though. Lizzy tribute doing this - controversial!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Thanks. Very useful. We are doing it in the key of G so easy enough to switch.

It was the main motif I was trying to get. I don't think I was too far off.

As for the solo, yup, I'll just make a lot of noise and make sure I pull the right faces :)

Danny1969 said:

I'm in a Lizzy tribute band @PermanentWaves and we do this number

It's in the key of A

Main motiff : 

Here's one central, the other plays a harmony in thirds and there's a fifth burried in the mis as well

.................6 6 7 8 ................6.....6 bend up half step ............9 bend up whole tone ...7..6. 
    ...............................7....7  9 ....7 ..................................9 7 ..............................................
    ........................................................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................................................

Verse A - F# - D run down Db to B to A then A - F# - D - then Db DB to EE

Bridge - D to E to rundown F# to E to D to Db  then Bm to E

Chorus is A - Bm -D - E then A - Bm -D - E then A - F# - Ab -  D  - E - F# - E 
    End of second verse doesn't have bridge 

Solo has the chug riff on F# then goes to key of A but it's just a load of noise, anything in F# pentatonic will work

Hope that helps

• There was an intro and riff, IIRC, on ultimate guitar, but I'd presumed you seen that. I'd trust Danny's version though. Lizzy tribute doing this - controversial!
    Yes, seen it and tried to work with it :)