Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you wear slippers?

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    grungebob said:
    Falke merino wool for me. Best slippers I’ve had so warm and the sole is thick so can wear outside around the patio etc

I was very much in the anti-slippers camp….before I saw these bad boys…. =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    Sporky said:
    Anyone who doesn't wear slippers is no gentleman.
    No, it means we are gentlemen with good blood circulation.
    The correct definition of a gentleman is somebody who knows how to play the bagpipes but chooses not to.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    And wears slippers. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:
    Sporky said:
    The correct definition of a gentleman is somebody who knows how to play the bagpipes but chooses not to.
    I thought it was the banjo?  Should I sell the banjo and buy bagpipes and not play them either?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1216
    Bump.
    After chibson gate and gaffer tape gate. Ask yourself a question, is it better to spend time articulating online arguments, or post some pics of your slippers with your guitar(s)?

Here is a picture of my grey slate moccasins engaged with a 1989 squier strat.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited February 23
    I wear Skechers go-walks,  we've got hard floors and (as most of you know) dogs and often have to go outside and in,  many times a day.They are the budgies pubes    Normal slippers disintegrate  or soak up water  too easily, then disintegrate. 

In the summer,  sliders or slides or what ever thongless flip flops are called.

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    Socks or barefoot in the house, pair of sliders at the back door for when I go in the garden.
    ^ This. Slippers are the work of the devil, the spawn of Satan, and the handiwork of Lucifer.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 646
    edited February 24
    tone1 said:
    grungebob said:
    Falke merino wool for me. Best slippers I’ve had so warm and the sole is thick so can wear outside around the patio etc

I was very much in the anti-slippers camp….before I saw these bad boys….
    They're "Viz" slippers.

Stick a bit of carpet to your socks. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3553
    No. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    HAL9000 said:
    Socks or barefoot in the house, pair of sliders at the back door for when I go in the garden.
    ^ This. Slippers are the work of the devil, the spawn of Satan, and the handiwork of Lucifer.

Ive a grave story about bare feet, hard floors and a dog with a gumbly tummy
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Yes always have done I hate cold feet.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited February 24
    I wear sheepskin ankle boots at home, ugg boots in the traditional sense rather than the UGG branded boots which are the same thing but cist 5x as much.

I bought them in Australia in 2017 and I'm only just needing to replace the insoles.

I like to think they make me a hipster old git rather than just an old git (I'm a thirty something but old man brain)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • vizviz Frets: 10697
    Kurtis said:
    tone1 said:
    grungebob said:

I was very much in the anti-slippers camp….before I saw these bad boys….
    They're "Viz" slippers.

Stick a bit of carpet to your socks. 

I have some carpet offcuts for sale if anyone’s interested. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28267
    viz said:

I have some carpet offcuts for sale if anyone’s interested. 
    Is this a swinger joke?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 316
    swiller said:
    Do you wear slippers?

None of your business.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    A million years ago, when I was in the army, I got into the habit of wearing shorts and flipflops at pretty much all times I wasn’t in uniform. 

I still haven’t broken this habit…
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    Sporky said:
    I thought it was the banjo?  Should I sell the banjo and buy bagpipes and not play them either?
    And I thought it was someone who gets out of the shower to take a piss? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 367
    I do wear slippers, Asda cheapo moccasins. I have a pair on right now and another brand new pair in a cupboard. I'm 57.

I wore them as a small child back when they were considered an xmas present. By my late teens the places I lived in didn't require you to take your outdoor shoes off inside.

When I met Mrs J nineteen years ago it wasn't long before she introduced me to the benefits of slippers,
    they're something of a family tradition for her (she's 7 years younger than me)

I'd like to introduce a new concept to this thread which came from visiting her family. I give you -
    'Other people's houses slips' These are a little like Sunday best. Her Dad is 93.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Another Croc wearer.  
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1216
    guyinlyon said:
    swiller said:
    Do you wear slippers?

None of your business.
    You are either french or prefer wearing nylons. The latter would explain your comment. :)
    Jfingers said:
    I do wear slippers, Asda cheapo moccasins. I have a pair on right now and another brand new pair in a cupboard. I'm 57.

I wore them as a small child back when they were considered an xmas present. By my late teens the places I lived in didn't require you to take your outdoor shoes off inside.

When I met Mrs J nineteen years ago it wasn't long before she introduced me to the benefits of slippers,
    they're something of a family tradition for her (she's 7 years younger than me)

I'd like to introduce a new concept to this thread which came from visiting her family. I give you -
    'Other people's houses slips' These are a little like Sunday best. Her Dad is 93.
    Hats off jfingers. What a great story. She is a true keeper and her father is probably one of the finest gentlemen alive today. I am a carer and have slippers at both home and where i care. I am inspired to add another pair for sunday lunches at my sisters. 
    Another Croc wearer.  
    You should try slippers. Crocs (of shit) make you look like a volvo driver and are way less comfy than a pair of slippers and offer zero reflexology to the feet. 

I am glad finally we do have some slipper professionals. But no pics with guitars is quite disappointing.
    Dont worry, be silly.