NUX MG30 v HX STOMP

What's Hot
These appear to be the two modellers which have caught my eye. The MG30 is roughly half the price of the Stomp and that is an added attraction but not significant if the extra money for the Stomp means it's significantly better. 
Thoughts and experiences welcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1850
    I've got an mg30. How it compares to the big boys, I can't say. But, it does what I want.
    There's more effects and models than I'll ever need or us and a home only player. Are they accurate, no idea, but to be honest I don't generally hunt for *that sound*, more often, a good one will do. 
    It's well made, sturdy, and I've not had any problems with it. The extra foot switch adds a lot more use, as do the firmware updates.
    If you watch the YouTube videos you'll get a good impression of what it can do, once you accept the sponsorship in place. 
    If you have any specific questions about it, let me know. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Id go for the hx stomp, nux sent me an mg30 and id say they're ok, whereas the Line 6 stuff does hold up really well with all the expensive stuff. And the updates are once/twice a year and pretty significant since they brought on the team that used to work for Digitech...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you both. Food for thought there. I too,am only a bedroom player but would appreciate a touch of diversity of sound without a shed full of pedals I would hardly ever use. My guitar teacher has a Line 6 HX Stomp XL and seems to have added a separate foot press/release part to it. I probably don't need that level of equipment but if it's reliable then it's tempting.
  • The Hotone Ampero 2 should also be considered when comparing against the Stomp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • for the money I'd go for Pod go or  if you have a bit more, a Boss GX100.  
  • HX Stomp all day.

Great support, back up, videos, availability, easy to use, million YT vids etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HX Stomp all day.

I would argue about the 'easy to use' part based on the video I part watched yesterday. I'd have more chance of piloting the Space Shuttle blindfolded judging by the options available on the Stomp!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No, it literally it so easy to use, honestly.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1890
    edited September 2023
    Which wires and cables or attachments would I need for it? I would only plan on using it with an amp and guitar.
  • Which wires and cables or attachments would I need for it? I would only plan on using it with an amp and guitar.
    guitar lead into HXS, another lead into the amp.

Love this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGZYLPm6is

• HX Stomp all day.

I would argue about the 'easy to use' part based on the video I part watched yesterday. I'd have more chance of piloting the Space Shuttle blindfolded judging by the options available on the Stomp!
    It can do complicated, but it’s very easy to get started and get very good sounds. Using the HX Edit software is super easy. I started that way, then gradually found it easier and easier to do the same on the pedal itself.
  • HX Stomp all day.

If you're worried about the ease of use side of things then I would go with the Pod GO instead of the Stomp as @thomasw88 mentioned above. The sounds are exactly the same as the HX Stomp but it's just that little bit simpler to use, and if you aren't going to be doing all the split signal chain stuff etc it'll do everything you want. Plus it has more footswitches than the Stomp and a built in EXP pedal. I traded 'down' from Stomp to the Pod GO and the Pod actually suited my needs a lot better, at a more affordable price.
  • I'd concur. For a little more you could look at the Pod Go or the Boss GX-100 which are both super easy to use and have very high-quality effects. Otherwise, of the two options you're listed, I'd say the L6 has much better effects than the Nux and the support from the manufacturer is outstanding in terms of updates and aftercare.
  • I prefer the sounds of the BOSS models in a few comparison videos so bought gt-1000 core. :) 
  • HX Stomp all day.

If you're worried about the ease of use side of things then I would go with the Pod GO instead of the Stomp as @thomasw88 mentioned above. The sounds are exactly the same as the HX Stomp but it's just that little bit simpler to use, and if you aren't going to be doing all the split signal chain stuff etc it'll do everything you want. Plus it has more footswitches than the Stomp and a built in EXP pedal. I traded 'down' from Stomp to the Pod GO and the Pod actually suited my needs a lot better, at a more affordable price.
    That really is a good call. I'd necer heard of the Pod Go but it looks a lot more suitable for my needs. Being basically a trimmed down Stomp and being the Line 6 brand it would be a great performer. Have a wiz.
  • The Hotone Ampero 2 should also be considered when comparing against the Stomp.
    Absolutely 

I love Nux stuff I’ve got the MIghty plug pro and had a MG300
    I think the HX stomp will take some beating though and it has some really top shelf FX models 
    plus if you have an HX stomp you can get the helix software version a lot cheaper too 

I think some of the models can be a bit processor hungry on the stomp leading to possible compromises but I’m sure it can do most anything you need with some judicious editing .

the hotone does seem quite able too and does seem a serious contender ,I guess the the HX does have that Helix pedigree 
  • Which wires and cables or attachments would I need for it? I would only plan on using it with an amp and guitar.
    If you are using it for FX only remember to turn off the Cabs/Amps on the Helix. I use the HX stomp into my AMP and just use the effects (there are some FX_presets) or if you download a preset you can delete what is not needed, 

I am hoping they will include a Boss BD-2 in the next update (3.60+) and reduce the amount of Fuzzes. For effects Helix can get very close, but not perfect. 

POD Go or Helix Stomp , both are Winners :)
    “Ken sent me.”