Cutting nuts - basic tools required and method?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited October 2014
    I've known several women that are experts at cutting your nuts - were happy to do it publicly too...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Evilmags said:
    Col_Decker;381291" said:
    I'm having my nuts cut in a few weeks. We've got 2 kids and that's enough. I wouldn't do myself though even with a DVD. Best go to the docs bud :)
    Just don't. I really don't understand men who do this to themselves. One of those areas where the science is a lot less clear than the NHS would have you believe. The hormonal coil is much better, and requires no reengineering.

My Mrs's mate had the coil fitted. She's current a week overdue with their 3rd child (unplanned natch)
    what pitch did she have it tuned to then?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Based on my recent shitty experience, I'd like to know how you take a bone nut blank and turn it into a beautifully shaped piece of tuning stability.

Someone on the service thread sent a 5 quid file on ebay - is this alright?

What shape should the slots be, and how do you achieve this?

Etc :)
    For cutting the slots you will want the proper tools. Personally I like Stew mac double edged nut files myself. 

The little cheap plumber files are handyfor little touch ups/removing rough edges etc. I would never, ever use the files to cut a nut. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom