SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1978 Fender Vibrochamp

What's Hot
benecolbenecol Frets: 400
edited April 13 in Amps £

Seems like the right time of year for me to give my listings a significant bump. Plenty of interest last year, but didn't quite get off the ground. My kit's going to be listed here until next weekend (6th April) then it's all off to eBay and Reverb to let the lords of fate decide. Updated my main pics because the sun's peeped out, but kept some of the drizzly September ones for info.

This is my 1978 Fender Vibro Champ. I've had it for nine years; was the closest I could get to a birth year guitar (not many good guitars getting made in 1974, so I adapted) for my fortieth. Second Vibrochamp I've had, and it's a beaut. Before I had it, it had lived for years in a hairdressers in Brighton! Some pitting on the metalwork on the top, couple of missing silver discs on the knobs, but it sounds heavenly, as you'd expect. UK model, so no messing around with a step-down transformer or anything like that. I swapped the standard speaker out for a Warehouse Guitar Speakers G8C because the originals aren't amazing, and I was bored in lockdown! Original speaker works fine, and I still have it. Also comes with original owner's manual, warranty card and wiring diagram. Slight crackle on the volume and treble pots above about 5, but only when turning them - sounds sweet the rest of the time! Fitted with the most delightfully long flex of any amp I've ver owned. Plenty of pics below - holler with any questions. I'd rather not ship it if at all possible; I'm just off J13 of the M5 - come and play it, or happy to meet you within 50 miles, or halfway (whichever's closest to me) for a swig of diesel. £800 seals the deal  - update: sold X

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    Like a sexy striptease, I'm going to slowly reduce my prices until someone bites/they find market value/I lose my nerve/the bike I want goes out of stock. Please imagine I've just tentatively removed one stocking and thrown it into the audience.

(price dropped).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul. Nevertheless, I feel your pain. Must be a good bike. Good luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've just pinged my garter at you - further drop for the weekend. 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1498
    Would you take a 3 month old baby in exchange? Still has the boxfresh smell 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this would be my ideal amp. Out of interest, what bike are you after?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    I spent the first half of this year trying to find a reasonably priced vibro champ and now I’ve no money int the fund this comes up.  

Stupidly cheap compared to others I’ve seen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think this would be my ideal amp. Out of interest, what bike are you after?
    Looking at Canyon gravel bikes - they've got a beauty in my size in the sale.
    munckee said:
    I spent the first half of this year trying to find a reasonably priced vibro champ and now I’ve no money int the fund this comes up.  

Stupidly cheap compared to others I’ve seen. 
    Borrow! Appreciate you saying so, have the dread feeling I'm entering the "cutting my own throat" pricing boundary.
  • benecol said:
    I think this would be my ideal amp. Out of interest, what bike are you after?
    Looking at Canyon gravel bikes - they've got a beauty in my size in the sale.
    Shit! You might need to start reversing those prices :lol:

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/gravel-bikes/adventure/grizl/trail/grizl-cf-slx-8-force-axs-trail/3787.html?dwvar_3787_pv_rahmenfarbe=R083_P05

Not quite that model (say "no" to front suspension), but please stop further freaking me out about stock levels...
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    Damn you. I really want this. [makes pathetic inside-out pockets motion].
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Lovely bike! My wife has a carbon frame gravel bike, weighs nothing compared to my steel frame Ragley Trig. I know which I’d rather have, hope you get the bike! 
    Sunday bumpday
    Silverface payday bump.
    A hefty bump for Easter weekend; updated pics and slightly terrifying countdown to eBay next weekend.
  • Are you open to offers or is price firm? 
    Yeah, I'm open to offers. Not crazy offers, but offers.
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 259
    edited March 31
    Oops meant to send a PM !!!!
    !!
    Price drop to mark last 48 hours before eBay.