Jack Ruch is arguably the most tasteful youtube guitar tutor. Check him out.

What's Hot
Especially for blues-jazz fans. 
His style is so laid back, his tone is just gorgeous and his choice of notes is just sublime.
If you've not encountered him before you're in for a treat.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I got fed this one last night. I agree with everything he says, but honestly I found his playing no more interesting in the "after" bits as in the "before"
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited September 2023
    That might be because we were getting bored of those licks by the end. I think the after was better phrased, but I know what you mean. Also, he wasn't saying anything with the music (apart from maybe "relax") but it's hard to say much over a single chord vamp. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's fair. 

He's certainly not wrong from a conceptual point of view
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5458
    I agree @equalsql - been watching him for a while now. I appreciate the relaxed vibe.
  • I got fed this one last night. I agree with everything he says, but honestly I found his playing no more interesting in the "after" bits as in the "before"
    Same. I’m not one for Clickbaity video titles so didn’t watch it. But I did skim it when it was posted here. 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I saw this last week. I agree with what he's saying as well. It was 'nice' but dull.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6136
    His other videos are definitely worth checking out, especially if you're into players like Robben Ford. His lines are thoughtful and within reach of most players. His note choice and phrasing reminds of those used by jazz saxaphone players like Dexter Gordon.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    equalsql said:
    Especially for blues-jazz fans. 
    His style is so laid back, his tone is just gorgeous and his choice of notes is just sublime.
    If you've not encountered him before you're in for a treat.

I’ve been following him for ages on Instagram. Love his tone, style and phrasing. Brings a calmness to it all as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I discovered Jack by accident via this video before he started showing up all over the place. A great player and instructor. Man I find his voice calming. 

Check out his soulful solo at 03:20. 

• I've been into Jack Ruch for a while now. Love his playing. Wonderful note choice and great playing through the changes. And he is so chilled!
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • Great player