Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you guys approve?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ElxElx Frets: 412
    @Schnozzalee, how did you order them? Are you in UK?

I checked the http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/, they are the European dealers, but they don't have this model in stock. The photo I posted is from this site,

and ordering from the USA and paying import duties is an option, but I'd rather buy from a European dealer.

PS Which one of the 2 is yours? Great guitars! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I love that tele-ric. Was looking at the website there, $1750 will buy you a new one..
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Elx said:
    @Schnozzalee, how did you order them? Are you in UK?

I checked the http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/, they are the European dealers, but they don't have this model in stock. The photo I posted is from this site,

and ordering from the USA and paying import duties is an option, but I'd rather buy from a European dealer.

PS Which one of the 2 is yours? Great guitars! 
    I ordered mine from Rock N Roll Vintage, but it cost me £1500 imported from the US - I still think it was worth it, as it was the model Grover Jackson picked out for his NAMM show. GuitarGuitar is probably the No.1 place to buy them in the UK, although I would do it in store; they tried to deny that the case was smashed upon delivery and wouldn't refund me delivery etc.

My personal guitar looks like this:

Not everyone's cuppa tea, but I think it looks the bollox!! :D

I am sure Allan Holdsworth would agree ;)
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4986
    edited October 2014
    My personal guitar looks like this:

Not everyone's cuppa tea, but I think it looks the bollox!! :D
    Holdsworthian, very nice
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Evilmags;381106" said:
    Excellent stuff. Floods get way to much shit, generally from people who don't know how to use them.
    What you on? How hard can it be to depress a piece of metal on a spring.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited October 2014
    Pleased that @ICBM and @stickyfiddle agree with me on the location of the volume control on Telecasters.

If I had my way it'd be a sideways-mounted three way toggle on the scratchplate, near the horn - like on a Jazzmaster. One day I'll have someone build me a double-bound Custom like this, except relic'd and with an ebony board (yes, the headstock is intentional):

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loobs;382415" said:
    [quote="Evilmags;381106"]Excellent stuff. Floods get way to much shit, generally from people who don't know how to use them.
    What you on? How hard can it be to depress a piece of metal on a spring. [/quote]

Vintage trems are way less extreme - super easy to get a nice wobble and semitone/tone bends.

Floyds are miles more sensitive, so to get really musical results takes a great deal of practice. I actually gave up on them, and much prefer the 6 point strat trem and jazzmaster trem because they're so forgiving and easy to use in comparison.

That said, you need not worry if you just need to make a huge wailing siren sound ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22839
    edited October 2014
    ICBM said: And the volume control is still in the wrong place - even 3/8" further back on the plate would make all the difference... I just find it too close on a Tele.

Agreed with that.  I've got some control plates from Rockinger and Callaham with the volume hole moved closer to the tone hole (
    tone hole....?)

That said, although I personally loathe Floyds I think this GJ2 looks great.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."