HELP!!! Logic Pro X - 'one or more audio files changed in length...'

PhiltheguitarPhiltheguitar Frets: 13
edited September 2023 in Studio & Recording
Please help!
Very frustrated - I just finished a song, I saved it and closed Logic down for the morning to take a break.
Came back to open the project to do some mixing to be greeted with the message in the discussion title.

Upon opening the project some of the main vocal parts have been swapped with a completely different audio file rendering all of my morning's work wasted.

I've replaced all the audios back to where they should be, but now I'm worried that when I close Logic down it'll do the same thing again.

How do I 'consolidate' the audios into logic so they won't get lost again?

I've heard some people refer to this as 'Identity Theft' Files, but I didn't really understand.

I'm working from samples, which Ive stretched and warped etc (as you do), then I bounce this edited sample into a new audio file on a new track ('bounce in place') - I thought this would be the same as 'consolidation' in Ableton..?

Please, if you can help me out I'd be very grateful.

Thank you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are the samples that you have manipulated originated by you or uploaded from commercial third party sources?

Some sample providers do not permit purchasers to resample copyright audio and then claim the modified result as their own original work. e.g. Spectrasonics Inc.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Are the samples that you have manipulated originated by you or uploaded from commercial third party sources?

Some sample providers do not permit purchasers to resample copyright audio and then claim the modified result as their own original work. e.g. Spectrasonics Inc.
    Wow - I did not know that!
    Anyway, I think I worked out what was going on. I can't explain it, but I know how to avoid it happening again.
    It's to do with understanding how Logic treats Audio Files vs Audio Regions...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    edited October 2023
    In Logicspeak, a Region is a sub-division of a file. Any sections not used within Regions are retained unless or until you choose to permanently delete them.

e.g. If you bang down four repeats of a guitar riff, there will be some "waste" recording before and after the bit that you want. Top and tail the audio File into a workable loop and you have a Region. This can be copied and pasted into your Project to fit the song structure. Create a new Track with the same settings to jam melody ideas.

For clarification, the license agreement for Spectrasonics Stylus RMX forbids the mixing and matching of copyright rhythmic elements and then reselling these for profit. 

If a license holder uses Spectrasonics plug-ins in a music production, this is covered by the terms and conditions. A simple credit stating "loops courtesy of Spectrasonics" should suffice.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.