Smash-up

What's Hot
stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
I was listening to some Daltrey solo stuff earlier ... which led me to remember The Who in live gigs ... early days 

Just wondering if anyone on the tFB has ever trashed/smashed their gear after a gig?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    Not smashed up, no, but in a pique of rock and roll in my younger days I've certainly thrown gear around in a Hendrixian noise mess. Mainly my strats as they are frankly indestructible.

I did have one guitar that I bought for a tenner from a car boot specifically for stunt damage ... that got thrown a lot more violently ... and I walked into the sea with it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I have never smashed a guitar in anger, however I did torture my first to slow death with attempted modding that I was incapable of.
  • stufisher said:
    I was listening to some Daltrey solo stuff earlier ... which led me to remember The Who in live gigs ... early days 

Just wondering if anyone on the tFB has ever trashed/smashed their gear after a gig?
    Not intentionally :(
    It's not a competition.
  • I recall playing a gig in one of those arched cellar ventures with a low ceiling. I did the raising the guitar to thank the crowd thing else forgetting that I'm tall and the ceiling was very low where I was standing. That took a nice chunk out of the headstock. That's about as far as I've ever gone in terms of damaging gear at the end of a set. Not very rock and roll
  • Hell no. However, I did stupidly trade in a super-rare and excellent Epiphone Del Rey at the local shop, and the guy who bought it played it on stage at the town's summer festival...and smashed it up on stage.

I almost punched him in the face when he came off stage.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18801
    Screaming Homer Simpson GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY