Native Instruments contact? (mini rant)

What's Hot
Has anyone had any joy contacting NI?  It's getting a bit of a joke.

I've basically got some money with work to get some of their software, but I want to discuss their pricing/bundle options.  We are eligible for some discounts according to their website, which says to contact them.

So far:
  • I used the contact form on the Isotope website, the form doesn't work.
  • The error says contact support@ ....  so I email. I get a bounce back saying they don't use it anymore, use a form.
  • The new form doesn't work.
  • They are owned by NI, so I use their contact form, doesn't work at first, but eventually goes through.

My message was quite clear, that I would like to discuss the bundle pricing options with someone as I've been given some money to spend.

3 weeks later I get a reply:

"Thank you for reaching out to Native Instruments and sorry for the delay.

I did not find a registered product with [email] so can you please give us the correct username"

WTF...  I clearly don't have any products which my email clearly says.

What do I do? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1491
    Try a general sales@ email?
  • Find their CEO on LinkedIn and email theirname@... that is sometimes the only way to break the cycle 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    Sounds similar to plugin boutique. I upgraded a plugin that should work with my version of osx but now it won't work in Logic. I email them saying I've deleted and reinstalled ive gone through the trouble shooting.
    Weeks later they send me a link to the troubleshooting guide and tell me to try delete and reinstall.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.
    I would disagree. I like the products a lot and find them easy to use
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • How's about asking for help here? 

https://community.native-instruments.com/

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    I quite like some of the NI plugins, I've been using them for over 20 years, the packages are a good price for high quality samples.

Sorry to hear that you have had problems.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    Snap said:
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.

They were state of the art about 20 years ago, but they've just let their software rot

I know so many people who have install and customer service horror stories that I just wouldn't bother when there are so many other great options these days.

They have been bought by a PE house so I expect the problems to get worse rather than better.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1413
    Coincedentaly, I received this today:

Hi GoFish,

I’m Joe from Native Instruments. I noticed you’re registered with us, but don’t seem to have downloaded any of our products yet. Would you like some help to get things up and running? If so, here’s a handy list of resources that I’ve found to be helpful for many people.

So they sent me an email basically directing me to their forum, support and download sites, but no actusl contact details.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    Do you absolutely have to use N.I. products ?  Given that disgraceful performance they don't deserve your money.  If I were in your shoes I would try to spend my money with a company that deserved it.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Snap said:
    Stop using NI products.

They are a total mess.

They were state of the art about 20 years ago, but they've just let their software rot

I know so many people who have install and customer service horror stories that I just wouldn't bother when there are so many other great options these days.

They have been bought by a PE house so I expect the problems to get worse rather than better.
    Honestly, I've never had a problem with anything from NI. All just works fine.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7246
    Emp_Fab said:
    Do you absolutely have to use N.I. products ?  Given that disgraceful performance they don't deserve your money.  If I were in your shoes I would try to spend my money with a company that deserved it.
    While I fully agree with this sentiment in principle, there are so many companies across all types of business these days treating their customers and potential customers like dirt.  Many no longer seem to monitor and read emails, let alone answer them, and people are left having to make contact with whatever social media platform the company chooses to use.  Loads of companies no longer have any form of proper customer care and just rely on support from what amounts to "expert enthusiasts" that live in the unofficial or official discussion forums earning gold stars for participation.  It's happening everywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    It's the modern way, you can't get in touch with so many companies these days, they have an array of options that can ans will basically be ignored by them. GIVE US A PHONE NUMBER!!!!!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    There's a gap in the market there...   
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Hey all,

Sorry I kinda abandoned this thread a bit.

Do I need to use them?  I suppose not, but at the same time they are the best fit for what we are looking at.  It's just a bit annoying overall but I know they aren't alone in the lack of communication options.  However their "AI" chat helper is completely useless and everything was far more effort than it needed to be.

I use a lot of their products personally and never had an issue to be fair, but my employers will have the final say on the matter.

Thanks all for fair responses, and letting me rant!