Bonamassa Fender??

What's Hot

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited October 2014
    So this is how Fender dig themselves out of a hole.

Some serious wonga must have changed hands here. He is still the pinup boy of the moment so a good move for Fender whatever way you look at it.

That's a serious shift in rig for Joe
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    It seems the headline “The sound of the Fenders was so inspiring that, for the first time in 15 years, I’m changing up my road rig and going out with all Fenders” only refers to his amps. He's still playing Gibsons and a few of his vintage Strats. Nothing's really changed on the guitar front.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    They obviously ran out of Gibson models he could attach his name to. :P
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    Judging by the comments in that fb page I'm not sure it's a good move by both fender and Bonamassa...
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ADP;381533" said:
    It seems the headline “The sound of the Fenders was so inspiring that, for the first time in 15 years, I’m changing up my road rig and going out with all Fenders” only refers to his amps. He's still playing Gibsons and a few of his vintage Strats. Nothing's really changed on the guitar front.
    Have a wisdom for reading it....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    That box of Gibson strings....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • But he has so many cool amps... what about all the old Dumbles and the plexis...? :o 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • I'm not that much of a fan but he does have some great kit and gets some good tones.
  • DrJazzTap said:
    They obviously ran out of Gibson models he could attach his name to. :P

Now you're just being silly. That won't happen until after they release the Custom Shop Dying Pen edition, each one hand signed by Joe using carefully selected marker pens aged by Tom Murphy, each one guaranteed to run out of ink on a different letter of his name. A strictly limited edition of 1500 guitars, to be released after Henry sponsors Joe to add a 1482-letter middle name.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6124
    Never thought I'd see the names Bonamassa and Fender in the same sentence.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    edited October 2014
    Having read through the list of guitars there are at least 6 Bonamassa signature models we can expect from Fender: a '56 Strat, a '63 and a '65 - then one of each from the Custom Shop. Come to think of it, I suppose they could do Mexican versions as well. And Squier.

Then there are the amps - I can see a limited run of 'Copperface' models (he's mad for that Duracell look, isn't he?)

Then there's Bonamassa Bullet strings, straps with the Fender logo and Strat headstock outline in copper, the inevitable Gold Top Strat as a tribute to his first Les Paul....

That's Fender sorted for the immediate future, especially as they have also launched the Adam Clayton signature Jazz Bass....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    we'll probably get the "Rory Gallagher which was borrowed by JB" sig edition too...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    welshboyo;381662" said:
    we'll probably get the "Rory Gallagher which was borrowed by JB" sig edition too...
    Refinished in 'Copper'....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited October 2014
    I've worked it out....he's emulating Clapton....

Played Gibsons
    got famous playing Gibsons from "that era"
    Went to Fender

He seems to have left out the middle bit with Drink/Drugs problems, however, I can see the following in the pipeline..

Armani Signature JB suit
    JB signature Rehab Clinic
    JB signature Crossroads Festival.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27030
    At least the Clayton sig bass looks nice - Sherwood Green FTW!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited October 2014
    welshboyo;381668" said:
    Armani Signature JB suit
    I know a lot of people criticised EC's 'Armani period' but he was playing really well around that time - and is one of those people who can really 'wear a suit'.

JB cannot 'wear a suit'. I find his whole style really contrived - though if Bono's anything to go by - his perma shades-wearing should at least get him a (copper and black) seat on Fender's Board....
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    JB was a Fender player for a lot of his early career. He did then spend a lot of time playing that down, saying all those publicity shots showed him with a Strat but he never used one anymore.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    So is Mayer gonner be going over to Gibson then??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    That swap could work, I was getting sick of Bonnamassa's tone and John Mayers 335 sound on his version of call me the breeze is one of the nicest gibson noises I've heard in years. They should definitely swap.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • In this day and age I can't understand why a guitarist can't play both, and endorse both. It's not the 50s anymore, we know what a Les Paul sounds like and how a Strat sounds it's not a question of which is the better guitar.

Fender and Gibson appear to think they're still in competition. They're not. They're different.

The biggest competitor to a new Gibson is a used Gibson. Not a Fender. If you want a 335 tone you don't buy a Fender.....

Endorsement deals are a load of nonsense anyway.

Discuss.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom