Meris - new release 10.10.23, Mercury X reverb

What's Hot

Comments

• allenallen Frets: 727
    edited October 2023
    £629 at guitarguitar

pre-order and it says expected 27th October. edit: up at all the usual places
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5454
    I caved… sigh. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whitecat said:
    I caved… sigh. 
    Nice one! I haven’t… yet. If someone buys my midnight Big Sky, then far more likely.
  • EDIT: Well I caved. :) Big Sky sold, Mercury X pre-ordered... worth giving it a go I reckon. 

The @JohnCordy demo is very much worth your attention:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone on here got it yet?

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2248
    edited October 2023
    Nope, ordered from one of the smaller independents, they said they were due to arrive yesterday initially, checked on the phone and was told that’s when they’d arrive with their supplier, but I don’t know. First time I’ve ordered from them, really hoping the experience is not another drawn-out, way-longer-than-they-promised pre-order because I can’t be arsed with that.
    I know what you mean. A fair few places said '27 october' for release, but Andertons are now saying 30th November.
  • allen said:
    I know what you mean. A fair few places said '27 october' for release, but Andertons are now saying 30th November.
    Cosmic.
    allen said:
    It’s possible that is when they are expecting a second batch and that the initial one is still due “any day now” but all presold. 
    edited October 2023
    Whitecat said:
    allen said:
    It’s possible that is when they are expecting a second batch and that the initial one is still due “any day now” but all presold. 
    Hope it’s that. Fingers crossed, I’m getting reverb withdrawal…  :/
  • I’m getting a bit tired of shops with items on pre-order advertising arrival dates that do not match the reality of the situation. The store initially had “Arriving 27th October”. I’m now told the distributor in Europe estimates they will not get them until tomorrow, and that the shop will therefore not be able to post until next Wednesday (and that’s only if they arrive when the distributor say they arrive).

Can shops please stop promising arrival dates and couching it in terms of some estimate that seemingly never happens?
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 375
    I feel your pain, I’ve got a similar situation with a pedalboard I ordered, advertised as 2 month build time on their website. It’ll be 16 weeks in a couple of days.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Seems to be in stock at this place. It's a bricks and mortar shop and fairly local to me.

They have also put it on ebay.

https://www.fxpedal.co.uk/effects-c101/reverb-c191/meris-mercuryx-modular-reverb-system-guitar-effects-pedal-p6585

edited November 2023
    Update: my order actually arrived in store yesterday and it being a day off, I was able to go in and pick it up.

Early impressions: hmm, I’m wondering if this is a case of Paris Syndrome. All of the algorithms they took over from the CXM (particularly the 78 plate) I’m having a real problem dialling in a higher mix, they sound very much in the background, and dialling in a good decay using the low, mids and high is proving really difficult. The only plate sound I can get close to my taste is using Ultraplate, Cathedra still sounds amazing, the other algorithms will need GCHQ to navigate. Thinking, as many of the presets have Ultraplate and Cathedra as their base algorithm, why didn’t they just update the Mercury 7 with a better UI, presets, etc?

All of the above is very likely user error/ignorance, but first impressions do not match the hype.

EDIT: It was very much user error/ignorance, my first impressions were very wrong!
    Sorry to hear that.

Have you got a CXM? I haven't, but I seem to remember that the bass/mid/treble controls function like a mix/decay control. So to get the mix right you have to play with those controls.
    edited November 2023
    allen said:
    Sorry to hear that.

Have you got a CXM? I haven't, but I seem to remember that the bass/mid/treble controls function like a mix/decay control. So to get the mix right you have to play with those controls.
    Don’t have a CXM, no, but I tried one using one of those pedal rental sites, and didn’t get on with it then. 

On the controls on the MX, way ahead of you. I’m back to trying to play around with the EQ/decay levels and safe-cracker tweaking the mix, seem to be getting some decent results.

Realising just how wedded I am to the Big Sky interface, it is so simple when you get familiar with it.
    edited November 2023
    Properly dug in to all the parameters yesterday and had some brilliant results. The modular nature of the pedal, like LVX, demands a lot of digging in and tweaking, but once you get used to it and find the right parameters to dial in at what level, the results are absolutely superb. 

I’ll try and find the time to post a proper review but suffice to say that I’m very happy with the Mercury X so far, it does both “bread and butter” and “out-there” reverbs just beautifully. 
    Interesting. Let us know more as you spend more time with it.
    Just got the email that mine is in... hoping to get it by Thursday here although I'm not sure how much time I'll have to mess with it for a while!
  • So, been out for a while - what's the verdict? I've been super happy with the LVX for a few weeks now, intrigued if the Mercury X is worth pairing up with it, or if I should just stick with my UA Golden for the time being.