Anyone gigging the new A&H CQ desks?

Looking at the CQ18t or the CQ20b to replace an older analog desk and as an alternative to another UI24r.  A&H seem to have hit a nice price point.

I do like the UI24r’s use of generic browser rather than an app.   So looking at any compelling thoughts either way. I like the A&H Mixpad interface and SD card recording is nice but I already know the UI24r.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We do, swapped from the Behringer, I think the apps leave a bit to be desired just yet, layout could fit more on etc; but the reverbs are nice. Our drummer is the sound engineer in our band, he bought it, primarily for the SD card and bluetooth feature upgrade on the Behringer. The bluetooth isnt fully backwards compatible yet, so we have to implement a "newer" iPod for interval tunes.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6841
    I used it at a jam at the weekend. Had the  XR18 in the 
    past for home studio use, but find the CQ18T to be easier to use and more flexible.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3675
    edited October 2023
    Loving the CQ interface…. def. prefer it to the side to side UI24r browser scrolling which could cause mix issues and very good even on a small Android phone screen - can keep a cheap Motorola as backup to iPads,

Just testing the Windows 10/11 interface with it now.

Reverbs are very nice.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Does it have a nice easy way to record and replay a multitrack soundcheck?  I'm still using a L6 M20d because of this feature, and how easy it is to use (technically possible on the UI24r, but was very faffy, plus I prefer having an interface on the unit itself)

As I play foot-drums, I'm not able to walk out front whilst playing, and a quick record/playback soundcheck allows me to dial everything in perfectly (with all acoustic instruments, there's no backline to mess things up)
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3675
    edited October 2023
    Trude said:
    Does it have a nice easy way to record and replay a multitrack soundcheck?  I'm still using a L6 M20d because of this feature, and how easy it is to use (technically possible on the UI24r, but was very faffy, plus I prefer having an interface on the unit itself)

As I play foot-drums, I'm not able to walk out front whilst playing, and a quick record/playback soundcheck allows me to dial everything in perfectly (with all acoustic instruments, there's no backline to mess things up)
    Yep.. SD card slot.. then just click the multitrack tab to arm the tracks (inc. the stereo mix) you want to record.. (options for pre/post fx/fader) then click record.

There are some soft buttons you can assign to stop/start recording and you could even assign it to a footswitch.

Easy recording of events and gigs was a primary reason to get it.  I have the CQ20B but the 18t has a touchscreen and physical soft keys.
    Trude said:

Yep.. SD card slot.. then just click the multitrack tab to arm the tracks (inc. the stereo mix) you want to record.. (options for pre/post fx/fader) then click record.

There are some soft buttons you can assign to stop/start recording and you could even assign it to a footswitch.

Easy recording of events and gigs was a primary reason to get it.  I have the CQ20B but the 18t has a touchscreen and physical soft keys.
    Great to know, thanks!

Trading feedback here
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6841
    ^ to playback multi tracks you just need to swap the inputs on each channel from analogue to digital. A lot of new users seem to miss this info and say the recordings didn’t work. It’s easy to do for multiple channels in one go with the app or on the touch screen
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Thanks @mrkb , I'll keep that in mind.

I'll probably keep using my L6 M20 until either it or the mobile app stops working, but it's always good to have a potential replacement in mind just in case.

Trading feedback here
  • Trude said:
    Thanks @mrkb , I'll keep that in mind.

I'll probably keep using my L6 M20 until either it or the mobile app stops working, but it's always good to have a potential replacement in mind just in case.
    There is no ‘quick capture’ option like the M20 for soundchecking.  We had one of those for a wedding setup.  Nice little unit.   Might be a feature they could add though.
    Yeah, Quick Capture makes it super easy on the L6.  I can't quite believe that in the 10 years or so since that unit came out, no other manufacturer has done something similar.  I tend to use that only for quick checks when I'm troubleshooting issues, or if I'm doing a simple solo gig and I can record something super quick (20 second max record time).  If I'm doing the whole band I tend to use the normal record mode and do a verse, chorus and instrumental

Trading feedback here