Wee Lowden - spruce/mahogany

What's Hot
I'm looking around at parlour guitar options, and although I've not been by particularly smitten by some Lowdens I've heard or played in the past, I've noticed the WL-20.  This is the Wee Lowden with a spruce top and mahogany back and sides, which is probably my preferred wood combo. 

I think most Lowdens are spec'd with more exotic woods, and the dealer nearest me doesn't have the WL-20 in stock.  I haven't really come across reviews about this particular model either, so I'm just wondering if anyone has played one and can give their thoughts on it...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have played one and was not impressed. An S Lowden is a much better option, especially one with a 12 fret neck.
    If you've not been impressed by bigger Lowdens, I'm fairly  confident that you won't like the Wee.
  • Agree with the above
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18849
    I have played one and was not impressed. An S Lowden is a much better option, especially one with a 12 fret neck.
    If you've not been impressed by bigger Lowdens, I'm fairly  confident that you won't like the Wee.
    So, don't go taking the Wee?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 266
    I have had in the past an F, S, and Wee Lowden. They all had their respective strengths - but I thought the S was the best compromise.
  • Thanks for the comments.  I'll keep an open mind, but it sounds like it's probably not worth making an effort to find one to try.