Practising on iPad

What's Hot
I want to play along to YouTube but none of my apps run in the background, I use jamup and mobile pod but when I switch from one to the other the app I'm using stops. Is there any way I can do this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Go to Jamup settings, look for "background mode" and turn it on. That'll let you hear your guitar sound when you're in other apps
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    Awesome thanks :-bd
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @stickyfiddle - btw - and sorry for thread hijac - following your recommendation about a month ago I got Jamup and the apogee guitar thing and its as fab as you said - soo easy compared to messing about with a PC

Nick
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    nickp;46933" said:
    @stickyfiddle - btw - and sorry for thread hijac - following your recommendation about a month ago I got Jamup and the apogee guitar thing and its as fab as you said - soo easy compared to messing about with a PC

Ooh - I keep threatening to try to find a way to use my son's iPad but it is seldom away from his sweaty clutches. However, it now looks like I might have an incoming work iPad, as part of my job involves moving about a bit (although a small laptop would really be more fit for the purpose), and I can't think of a reason why I couldn't use this iPad at home. So, is there a specific thing I'm looking for here? There seem to be a few different things that pop up when I google.
    ta
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    edited October 2013
    nickp;46933" said:

Ooh - I keep threatening to try to find a way to use my son's iPad but it is seldom away from his sweaty clutches. However, it now looks like I might have an incoming work iPad, as part of my job involves moving about a bit (although a small laptop would really be more fit for the purpose), and I can't think of a reason why I couldn't use this iPad at home. So, is there a specific thing I'm looking for here? There seem to be a few different things that pop up when I google.
    ta
    @erictheweary I asked the same question about 4-6 weeks ago and the answer was apogee jam as the interface which is best at about £79.  Thread is here:  http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/1580/tell-me-about-ipads-and-guitars-just-bought-one#latest

one thing to watch is that if you get a new ipad with the smaller interface (rather than the same big one you get on an ipod) which was a ballache as I had to get a converter for £30 from apple as the cheapo ebay ones don't carry audio.  I didn't know that before.  doh.

I don't get any latency issues.  I've also downloaded garage band (but not used yet) and Jamup Pro which works really well for playing along, looping sections, slowing stuff down etc.  also got a recorder in it which is good.

Youll need to import tracks using itunes and then Jamup picks them up so you can play along to them.

I wouldn't go back to a pc coz the ipad makes it so easy .
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    @nickp ;

No worries. It's not the same as cranking a real amp with a floor covered in pedals in front of you, but it's damn good for couch noodling, learning new stuff and any kind of headphone-related playing. Definitely the best thing Ive found so far. Jamup takes drive pedals well too, not sure about GB- I haven't used that very much.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • For anyone wanting something that works with the new lightning connector the Line 6 Sonic Port is good. It comes with both leads (lightning and the old one) It also seems better build quality than mobile in.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Brilliant, thank you. If I get a work iPad it will be the cheapest version out there ( not that I could really complain I suppose) so I guess it will have the old connector. We have 4 ipods in our house and mine is the newest and that has a different connector than the other 3 so I spend a lot of time trying to find the fecking thing.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.