SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: Fender Mustang short scale bass limited edition surf pearl (Price Drop £400)

flumpetflumpet Frets: 93
edited October 2023 in Basses £
Selling for a friend, his Fender Mustang Bass in limited edition surf pearl.

In great condition, a few small dings but nothing nasty. The removal of a dragon sticker shows a discoloured patch to the metallic green finish, see pics. The area is above the bridge, where your arm rests.

Everything works as it should, no issues.

Includes a Fender gig bag, a cable and new set of strings.

Due to it only being in a gig bag, (and not my guitar) this one needs to be collection only.
Collection from the Carmarthen area of south west Wales, or Cardigan/New quay area if that's closer for you.

Price £500 firm    £400

Any questions please ask.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Tempting. I'm even further West than you are. Cardigan is nearer than Carmarthen but the dual carriageway is an easier drive.

flumpet said:
    Any questions, please ask.
    Yeah. Any interest in trades?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flumpetflumpet Frets: 93
    I'm near Llandysul if that narrows it down for you. I'm also happy to drive a bit to help clinch a sale.

I'm selling this one for a friend who has given up on Bass/guitar so this one needs to be a straight sale.
    Still here.

I expected this to sell really quickly. I'm not really up on Bass prices and tastes, I'm strictly a guitarist but I did do some research.

Have I priced it right, is it desirable? The colour scheme looks good to me and is apparently pretty rare. It's in great condition having only been played by a 75 year old in his living room! The only negative point is the ghost of the sticker, which is regrettable but barely visible. 

Just thinking out loud really, any insights would be much appreciated.
  • flumpet said:
    Still here.

I expected this to sell really quickly. I'm not really up on Bass prices and tastes, I'm strictly a guitarist but I did do some research.

Have I priced it right, is it desirable? The colour scheme looks good to me and is apparently pretty rare. It's in great condition having only been played by a 75 year old in his living room! The only negative point is the ghost of the sticker, which is regrettable but barely visible. 

Just thinking out loud really, any insights would be much appreciated.
    I think the market is just really slow, and this site doesn't have that many bassists on it compared to our six stringed brethren. 

Collection only from South Wales probably limits the pool of buyers even more. 
    Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps a price drop will help speed things up.

Now £400
    flumpet said:
    Perhaps a price drop will help speed things up?

Now £400
    Stop that. ;)
    flumpet said:
    Perhaps a price drop will help speed things up?

Now £400
    Stop that. ;)
    It's really tempting isn't it ;)
    Indeed, it is. Plus, the travelling distance is reasonable. I really ought to sell something else first. The alternative involves negotiating an exchange with cash difference.

Does the bass' owner play any other instruments or make home recordings?
    PM sent
  • louis_LLMlouis_LLM Frets: 126
    That’s a great bass for a steal! GLWTS!