Zane Lowe - king of cringe. .....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited October 2023
    These are the only two decent things I've ever seen on the internet regarding Blink-182.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    Didn’t know Hoppus had been ill.  Glad he’s on the up and up.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited October 2023
    Cranky said:
    Didn’t know Hoppus had been ill.  Glad he’s on the up and up.
    He's playing on the current world tour.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5489
    roberty said:
    I couldn't believe that a Kiwi was on UK telly. It seemed sort of impossible.
    Kiwi? Bloody weird sort of Kiwi that talks with an American accent. 
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 645
    Tannin said:
    roberty said:
    I couldn't believe that a Kiwi was on UK telly. It seemed sort of impossible.
    Kiwi? Bloody weird sort of Kiwi that talks with an American accent. 
    New Zealanders often become self-conscious about their accents when they go overseas. What is natural here is unintelligible in the rest of the world.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7324
    Most people here wouldn't be able to tell Australians apart from New Zealanders by accent, but there are very distinctive differences in much the same way as Canadians sound quite different from Americans, especially with some of the vowel sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11828
    I have to be honest here - I may have vaguely heard of  the name Zane Lowe, but I haven't a clue who he is or what he does.  Furthermore I wouldn't recognise him if walked up to me and kneed me in the bollocks.

From what everyone's saying, ignorance sounds like bliss.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He was good on Radio 1 when he wasn’t interviewing, played good tunes and the odd heavy one. The interviews are pure cringe though. Everyone he interviews makes music that connects to his inner soul and have kept it real to their true selves.. and all that bollocks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • He was good on Radio 1 when he wasn’t interviewing, played good tunes and the odd heavy one. The interviews are pure cringe though. Everyone he interviews makes music that connects to his inner soul and have kept it real to their true selves.. and all that bollocks
    You're not wrong Magic. I am a fan of Queens of the Stone Age. Particularly enjoyed the most recent record. So I checked out some of the promo interviews Josh Homme was doing. The Zane Lowe one was unbearable. Like you say - he trots out that kept it real to their true selves bs...... even though Josh Homme, who seems a good interviewee and very funny, promoting an album I was interested in, couldn't save it from being unwatchable. 

In the same round of promotion he did an interview on a podcast called unblocked I think.....I'd never heard of it - but the interview was really interesting - and Josh Homme opened up about some of the things that influenced the record, musical,  the recording techniques and some real personal stuff about his relationships, drug use and health issues etc..... he was ready to put this stuff out and Zane managed to avoid it somehow! 

Though Zane Lowe is terrible - there were a couple of bands he put me onto when he had the radio 1 show that I am grateful for. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5005
    I recall hom interviewing tom morello on mtv once at a festival somewhere he was asking tom if was going to watch The Hives. Tom looked incredulous.  "Dude, iron maiden are on".
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 645
    You have Zane Lowe; we have Noel Edmonds: Don't even think about having a coffee, having a slice… you are our enemies.”