Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

BOSS Waza Craft BP-1W Booster/Preamp

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I've had one arrive today, and only had a little play... but I know it's a keeper.

So, to frame my comments, this is right in my ball park. I predominantly love 'edge of breakup' sounds, so this is perfect for that. I like pre-amps/or similar at the beginning of my chain.

This Boss pedal is silent, subtle but certainly is one of those 'betterer' pedals that add a little bit more sound, BUT add a lot more feel. This territory traditionally help by my Spaceman Atlas, but this has more options with the gain and volume knobs.

By the way, it has a hammerite style matt finish which is lovely :)
    As Boss and Roland tend to get on very well, I was wondering how this pedal would work for warmer clean tones into a JC-40.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't actually taken mine back yet and I keep getting it out and giving it a play. I do really like it but keep changing my mind about taking it back or not.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1347
    I broke down and bought one... it might just be my favourite Boss pedal. I can't turn it off.
    I can't wait to use it live with some volume.

Seriously nice - I had an EP booster before so kinda knew what to expect - but the Gain function adds way more usability for me. Very nice edge of breakup pedal that's allowing me to get some grown up Larry Carlton style sounds.  =) 

The velcro could be going on this one. It's a keeper.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    I suspect this would be right up my street but i have absolutely zero need to buy yet another pedal that does this. 
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    edited January 1
    I bought one and took it back but watching this demo convinced me to give it another go, so I took delivery of another yesterday.

My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 121
    I got one of these at Christmas but have only had the chance to try it over the past week or so. 

Oh my, it's absolutely glorious! It does the edge of breakup so well, is very responsive to playing dynamics and sounds wonderful on its own and pushing other drives. I'm particularly partial to the RE mode.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    I want a DMM-based version of this, the preamp in my big-box one was lush even when the delay was bypassed… not enough to warrant keeping it though!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    Anyone tried it on bass? 
  • I want a DMM-based version of this, the preamp in my big-box one was lush even when the delay was bypassed… not enough to warrant keeping it though!

I use mine in-front of my Boss DM101 in the effects loop and its glorious with the delay
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    Anyone tried it on bass? 
    I gave mine a go on bass but only through my guitar amp, sounded really good to me but then i'm not really much of a bass player.