Electronic Music Services - Southend-on-Sea

What's Hot
AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923
edited November 2023 in Studio & Recording
Hi all,

Has anyone ever used these guys? https://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/ ;

I sent some microphones mid-August after AKG recommended them, they said it'd be about a month. I've heard nothing and the landline's engaged (or off the hook...) and the mobile number is switched off.

Got to say, I've got a bad feeling about this. Can anyone reassure me...?

[Edit: spoiler alert: it all ends up happily]
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33837
    Not used them, or heard of them.
    That website is very.. 90's.
  • Yeah... I'm taking comfort from actual AKG recommending them, and also the website being so 90s (in my experience good electrical repairers don't necessarily have good web-building skills...).
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6112
    Have you tried using the Find My Repair function on their homepage? Small outfits sometimes ignore the phone if it interrupts their work in progress.
  • Yes, alas I'm not heard from them since it was delivered and so don't have a repair number to use to log in with.
  • Ooh, hang on, the gods are listening. Had a reply, they're going to investigate and reply more fully later.

Optimism returning!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    They’re very local to me and I’ve used them a number of times. They do seem to get quite busy - which can affect response times - but they’re nice guys and they’ve always been honest, fairly priced and have done a good job in my experience.

Based on my previous dealings with them I don’t think you need to be worried. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers @rich75, I'm emailing with Mike now, and the repairs are underway and seem fairly priced.

Phew!

So difficult to find microphone repairers, so I'm glad these guys exist!
  • Final update. All mics arrived home, all fixed and sounding better than ever at a reasonable price.

So few people actually running mic repair companies, I'd happy recommend these to anyone, I'd just probably chase it up a bit sooner next time...