SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Lowden O23

What's Hot
Looking for a Lowden O23 (walnut/cedar). I already own a 12-fret F35 with these woods, and I bought a second hand, "road-worn" O25c earlier this year as I wanted to try the larger size. I've come to the conclusion I just prefer the mellower sound of the walnut than the rosewood, but still want to try the O model. 

Anyone have one for sale? 

The O25c might be available if anyone interested.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RogRog Frets: 10
    HiBjj22, I still have an 022c. and an F23c, if either are of interest to you. The ad is still on here and I am about to advertise them elsewhere, but can stall for a while if necessary.
  • Bjj22Bjj22 Frets: 1
    Hi Rog, cheers, I remember your ad, they're close but not quite what I'm looking for - prefer non-cutaway and really looking for the O23 model.
  • RogRog Frets: 10
    OK. Good luck with your search.
  • I have a Mcilroy A20c (Walnut/Sitka) listed, smaller body size than an O but larger than an F I believe but could be wrong
  • I bought a Brook guitar off this chap and he has a Lowden O23 for sale.

Perhaps worth a look

I ended up buying a new one, they seem to be in short supply and didn't want to miss out. Shame I missed that one  @Bradders, would have saved me some £££ and looks in great condition. @mattycarroll beautiful but not quite what I was after.

Super happy with the O23, it sounds completely different to the O25c and more to my taste. A while back I was curious about how different an O23 would be to my cedar/walnut F35 12-fret - haven't reached a conclusion yet as different strings, but will try to update this thread once I've A-B'd them properly in case anyone else is wondering the same...
  • Uh, well congrats on you new purchase. I have been listening to some YT demos on the O23 and it is rich and resonant with that lovely walnut low end response, I think it works well in the O size which adds more airiness and reverb to it. I had a McIlroy A25 which is a beautifully balanced instrument with the cedar walnut, lovely warm rich sound with a tight bass response and clarity, however I found that it lacked the reverb( I know is more of a rosewood character) and overtone that I like. I have recently aquired an O10 and it has such an airiness and complexity to which I recently learned is owing to the the O size body and how Lowden tune their guitars. Such a responsive and rich sounding instrument that does not require hard work to get a response. I imagine the O23 is similar but with more warmth and low end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just to follow up on my earlier comment about comparing O23 with F35 cedar/walnut 12-fret (equivalent to F23) - conclusion is they sound pretty different to my ears. F model is more focussed and O more open, as others have commented. I don't actually find the O23 as especially "warm" but will see how the sound evolves over time.

I've ended up going with newtone "double wounds" on the F35, which sound incredible "clear" vaguely reminiscent of a nylon string guitar. But they didn't sound good on the O23, which I'm sticking with PB (newtone master class).