Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Matthew Perry

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
My daughters will be upset. They are huge fans of Friends.
https://www.livenowfox.com/news/matthew-perry-star-of-friends-dies-from-apparent-drowning
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Ah no :(
    RIP and he had funny bones :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    He seemed to blend exceptional talent with a palpable underlying darkness. As unbelievably sad as this news is, I never thought he’d make old bones. RIP you funny, funny man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • wow, shook me when I saw the news.  Very sad.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4845
    edited October 2023
    Really shocked to see this when I woke up, RIP Matthew, bless you mate, sleep well.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I’d just seen it mentioned on a Facebook page and thought no surely not he’s younger than me that can’t be right.

I didn’t know he was Canadian, went to elementary school with Justin Trudeau. He had some serious health problems a few years ago resulting from his earlier drug problems so I wonder if his death is related to those. 
    He was a well thought of actor on stage, TV and film as well as being known as Chandler. There’s a lot of love for Chandler and Friends around the world, a lot of people who will be very upset by this news. 
    I am quite shocked, very sad. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14305
    tFB Trader
    RIP Bing
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    I'm squarely in the middle of the generation that grew up with Friends. This really hurts. RIP
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow, this is a shock.  Watched Friends religiously when it was first on, and many times since.  There was a period when it was on a loop just as I got in from work.  Pot of tea, couple of episodes, and everything's right with the world.

RIP, Chanandler Bong.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Chandler was probably the character I identified with most out of Friends (not that any of them were especially true-to-life….and, in truth, I do love sandwiches, I hate sharing food and I’m a bit slow, so Joey is probably closer to the truth for me but…) … RIP 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited October 2023
    Wow, this is a shock.  Watched Friends religiously when it was first on, and many times since.  There was a period when it was on a loop just as I got in from work.  Pot of tea, couple of episodes, and everything's right with the world.

RIP, Chanandler Bong.
    This in spades for me and I still watch it now and still laugh at the same bits
  • Massive Friends lover, to this day we still have it on Comedy Central at tea time, it's a show that can hit every emotion and Matthew Perry was perfect. I got to see him in on stage in Sexual Perversity and thought he was brilliant.

This one has hurt.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Sad this :( I always found friends comforting and easy going to watch. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BodBod Frets: 1316

RIP, Chanandler Bong.
    Mrs.

Just woke up to the news and I'm surprised at how shocked and sad I feel about it.  RIP Matt
  • Bod said:

RIP, Chanandler Bong.
    Mrs.
    Miss.   ;)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Apparent drowning….sad ….seems something Untoward’s there ….I read he had troubles.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3228
    Each new Friends episode was a weekly get together when I was a teen. We’d all congregate at the one friend who had sky and watch Friends. They were simpler, very happy times with hindsight (not that I’d have realised that during the angst of those years).

I was sad to read of Matt’s passing, but also not entirely surprised after his well documented addiction problems. I have always liked how open he seemed in interviews, willing to wear his flaws and share his humanity.

RIP Matt. Thank you to you and your co stars, you made those difficult teenage years a little easier by regularly raising a smile.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I was never a massive fan of friends, it was one of those 'comfy slippers' comedies that I watched occasionally. Chandler was absolutely the best character and that was 100% due to Matthew Perry's portrayal. just a genuinely funny guy.

Sad to hear about his life though, he only enjoyed fame for the first 8 months, as we all know struggled with addictions, and I just heard an interview on the TV where he said that he was terrified that people wouldn't laugh at his lines. If they didn't get a laugh he would immediately break out in a cold sweat. It must have been immense pressure and stress that he lived with.

Such a shame to be loved by millions, rich, famous and yet struggle so much with life.

RIP Matt
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Sad to hear this. Chandler was by far my favourite character in Friends.

RIP Matt.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    spark240 said:
    Apparent drowning….sad ….seems something Untoward’s there ….I read he had troubles.
    Read that he had another heart attack and drowned in his hot tub
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    in my slumbers I thought my partner said Mathew Parish and I didn't react...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>