DOD Chthonic Fuzz Pedal aimed at single coils

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It’s great to see DOD Digitech back releasing effects pedals Old and new but not sure these float my boat.
    Thinking from a design and production cost point of view,Wouldn’t it be cheaper for the buying public if they didn’t have the hippie paint job to keep costs down?
    Give customers the option to buy a set of Gel pens to DIY?
    It would keep costs down, but you have to remember that a massive part of the pedal market is entirely based on what looks good on instagram. 

I'm not joking. 
    Digitech did the Hardwire series which were no nonsense, plain looking pedals at a sensible price and well thought of. But didn’t sell. A lot of them were repackaged with small changes and fancier graphics and sold a lot more. So, I think DOD/Digitech understand this aspect well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    It’s great to see DOD Digitech back releasing effects pedals Old and new but not sure these float my boat.
    Thinking from a design and production cost point of view,Wouldn’t it be cheaper for the buying public if they didn’t have the hippie paint job to keep costs down?
    Give customers the option to buy a set of Gel pens to DIY?
    It would keep costs down, but you have to remember that a massive part of the pedal market is entirely based on what looks good on instagram. 

I'm not joking. 
    People* buy with their eyes 100%

*all people, all the time, without exception
    Well I don’t think blind people do, but could be wrong…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting, I guess this will pair well with my telecaster and gretsch. Im also very happy to see DOD back. Looking forward to pickinh up a rubberneck again at some point.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    edited November 2023
    I don’t use an offset into a clean pedal platform but I definitely found the Carcosa unusably harsh sounding, and couldn’t tame the treble without making the thing sound generally terrible.

Can’t say I’m a fan of the artwork so will give this a miss  :)
  • And they like those graphics?
  • Has anyone tried one of these yet?