Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Weird email from GuitarGuitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• impmann said:
    As someone who has been running service centres within the MI since 2005, I can tell you that you’d be amazed at the number of people who *do* need help in using the most simple of kit… therefore I’m not surprised GG are trying to mitigate the number of spurious returns by offering assistance. 
    I don’t think it needs pitchforks and anger - or to stop using them, tbh - in a troubled market, it’s understandable. Perhaps the wording needs to be tweaked to make it more friendly and less condescending by the sound of things.

Indeed , I read recently on here about a pro musician who didn’t know his amp head had to be plugged in to a speaker cab   ,but he was dealing with a flea infestation at the time  so was probably confused 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24698
    impmann said:
    As someone who has been running service centres within the MI since 2005, I can tell you that you’d be amazed at the number of people who *do* need help in using the most simple of kit… therefore I’m not surprised GG are trying to mitigate the number of spurious returns by offering assistance. 
    I don’t think it needs pitchforks and anger - or to stop using them, tbh - in a troubled market, it’s understandable. Perhaps the wording needs to be tweaked to make it more friendly and less condescending by the sound of things.

Indeed , I read recently on here about a pro musician who didn’t know his amp head had to be plugged in to a speaker cab   ,but he was dealing with a flea infestation at the time  so was probably confused 
    Some solid state heads don't have to be plugged in.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12688
    impmann said:

Some solid state heads don't have to be plugged in.
    They do to make a sound... ;)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2 said:
    impmann said:

As someone who spent 7 years of the 1990’s as salesman of the year selling Hi Fi & Cameras. The MI industry is about thirty years behind most other retail sectors. See Richer Sounds & John Lewis as examples of how to do it right. 

There’s a way to do things. Mr Turnbull has failed to understand that.
    Although GG are biggish in guitar terms I would have thought they are still pretty small compared to a company like John Lewis and won't have a team carefully wording their standard form emails so it feels like an unfair comparison.
    However, as it happens I do have to return something to John Lewis so I'm feeling much more positive about that now! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    Blimey, of all the things to be "shocked" and "alienated" by.

I'm beginning to understand the meltdown in that recent '59 duosonic for sale thread in the classifieds. 
    **goes to look for thread** 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1889
    I have just returned something to Guitarguitar. I got all the emails about the process and packaged the goods and arranged collection by the courier.
    I did get the email from Mr Turnbull but found nothing wrong with it and simply chose to not start the conversation. I chose to view it as a attempt at customer service. No problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1889
    Just to close this, money is back in my account 5 days after starting the process. Thumbs up to GuitarGuitar.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 155
    So what are the emails actually saying?  By condescending do you mean they are giving you steps to resolve a potential issue yourself just in case you might be struggling configuring whatever it is?
    Trading feedback available here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom