Wax on a stripped beech neck?

What's Hot
I didn't like the lacquered finish on my strat copy project, so have sanded it back and applied several coats of wax.  I like it but have others tried it?  We used to use clear beeswax on our desks in the drafting office and that always looked and performed well after lots of sweaty hands and arms on them!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've used birchwood casey wax over tru-oil but never furniture wax. Beeswax can be a bit sticky unless highly polished (needs heat from lots of rubbing for a nice finish) but as long as it doesnt have silicone or shite in it should be good it if feels good. 
  • This is Colron's "best" clear beeswax and by following the instructions on the tin "Apply thinly, leave to dry, buff off", it is great, non-sticky and yet smooth enough for skipping up and down the fretboard (thumb sliding at the back!)
  • Update:-  The wax has been on almost two weeks now and it is performing very well.  Not too slippery (like lacquer) yet sealing the wood beautifully.  It's worth a try if you are doing a similar project.  Basically it is sand down the lacquer to bare wood.  Then, I used very fine, waterproof car rubbing paper to make a good surface preparation.  Apply wax.  Leave to dry.  Buff to a shine.  Re-apply wax and repeat drying, buffing and waxing until you are happy with the finish (mine took four applications but I could have got away with three!)  I've accidentally bumped the wood a couple of times but not a mark to be seen (unlike lacquer which seems to show everything).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom