Cubase 13 released

What's Hot
BodBod Frets: 1315
edited November 2023 in Studio & Recording
After leaks and delays due to their web store provider going bust, Cubase 13 has been released.  Lots of improvements, including better window management (which was always a nightmare) and FINALLY a proper tap tempo button!!

https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/new-features/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    I've owned a copy of Cubase for a long time, but moved over to Ableton for the last 15 years. TBH, I'd given up on Cubase and haven't used it in ages. I upgraded to 13 and installed it over the holiday. To me, it looks like a step in the right direction.

It actually installed pretty easily, which has not been the case for me for any of the installs I've done with Cubase in the past, although I wasn't installing over an existing version, which maybe helps.  

It's going to be hard for Steinberg as they seem stuck with a user base which wants the product development to be bug fixes only. They won't attract new users as a lot of the old ways of doing things are done so much better by other applications, many of which have hardware which integrates tightly with the application out of the box. 

Be interesting to see what happens to Steinberg over the next few years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    I've been using 13 since release and I'm pretty happy with it.  There are lots of complaints from the old guard about the GUI changes and lack of new features, but I'm squarely in the "fix the f**king bugs" camp.  Steinberg are notorious for ignoring glaring bugs, so it's nice to see some things addressed.

I think it has a pretty rich feature set and does lots of things better than others - maybe it's because Cubase is what I learnt to sequence on back in the 90's - v2 for Windows I think and I then used versions up to SX3.  I dip in and out of using it - I bought 10, then 10.5 but sold it and have used Studio One, Reaper and Live, but I fancied a look at it again when 13 was released and I'm impressed with the effort they've put in.

Separate undo for the project window and MixConsole is a mindf**k though - global undo is standard among most other applications - that needs sorting. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom