Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bigbsy Trigger Warning: Gibson Explorer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18992
    Surely you should be hailed for the solution to the end of neck dive while instantly adding cool  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2612
    Looks like there's not a huge amount of room over the scratch plate? That's one of the reasons I prefer a Les Trem, although I dare say it could be adjusted or another spring used.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody lovely! I’ve been toying with putting a lyre onto my X-Jr, and this isn’t helping!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    ewal said:
    Looks like there's not a huge amount of room over the scratch plate? That's one of the reasons I prefer a Les Trem, although I dare say it could be adjusted or another spring used.
    Yeah I've actually got a taller spring, just not tried it yet. It's on the low side of comfortable.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    edited November 2023
    It's definitely changed the tone, which might be a deal breaker long term since I absolutely love the sound of this guitar. Would be interested in whether others can discern the difference.

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1268
    Surely you should be hailed for the solution to the end of neck dive while instantly adding cool  ;)
    Are Explorers noted for neck dive? I’ve always found them to be quite nicely balanced, certainly it’s never been a problem for me with my (120th anniversary) one…

Although if you’re looking for an excuse I guess it’s as good as any other… :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely a great addition, more bigsbys needed on pointy things me thinks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    It's definitely changed the tone, which might be a deal breaker long term since I absolutely love the sound of this guitar. Would be interested in whether others can discern the difference.

There is a difference, I prefer the sound of the second run through the sequence, it’s a bit more sparkly/airy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72650
    They do definitely change the tone. I also prefer B on both pickups, it’s more defined and sparkly. I could be wildly wrong but I think that’s the stoptail.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PennPenn Frets: 643
    It does look really cool. 
  • The Callaham front roller would go a fair way towards countering any perceived negative tonal change.