Krk rokit 5 g3. Studio monitors.

What's Hot
Anyone know anthing about these monitors. Active etc. I was thinking of playing through a pair with my line 6 firehawk. About to buy. Any info really appreciated. Cheers John
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    These Rokits are nearfield monitors. The ideal listening distance will be 1 to 2 metres from where you are sitting. Like all monitors, you should have the tweeter at ear level.

Rockit RP5 G4 is the current model so you should be able to get a good deal on the G3. If they fit your budget then they will be one of the most popular choices among the competition.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited November 2023
    Whistler said:
    These Rokits are nearfield monitors. The ideal listening distance will be 1 to 2 metres from where you are sitting. Like all monitors, you should have the tweeter at ear level.

Rockit RP5 G4 is the current model so you should be able to get a good deal on the G3. If they fit your budget then they will be one of the most popular choices among the competition.
    @Whistler
    Cheers mate. Looking at £150 for pair. Will go ahead. Thanks for your help. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow! That is a good deal at that price.
    Whistler said:
    Wow! That is a good deal at that price.
    I managed to get them. Thank Mate. 
  • Might be a bit late but...I went through 2 pairs, admittedly they were all 2nd hand but arrived in good condition, no obvious damage but blew tweeters eventually. Am currently using yamaha HS5's instead. 

I didn't rag them either, home studio use only, reasonable volumes. Personally I wouldn't risk rokits again due to this unreliability. Sound wise I did enjoy them although they were a bit more hyped than my yamahas.

I still have the 1 working one of the 4 in use as a drum monitor on my electric kit. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Might be a bit late but...I went through 2 pairs, admittedly they were all 2nd hand but arrived in good condition, no obvious damage but blew tweeters eventually. Am currently using yamaha HS5's instead. 

I didn't rag them either, home studio use only, reasonable volumes. Personally I wouldn't risk rokits again due to this unreliability. Sound wise I did enjoy them although they were a bit more hyped than my yamahas.

I still have the 1 working one of the 4 in use as a drum monitor on my electric kit. 
    oh.... well that's me knackered... =)   I will just have to play at a reasonable level and then a bit lower.  I have 2 event tr5 in work would they be better suited i could swap. Mrs wont be pleased she bought me the Rokits.... will just have to be really careful. 
    As i was playing through them last night using firehawk effects...the volume of the guitar seemed to taper off.. annoyed me  to the point i changed leads and guitars. eventually turned the dials on the effect to zero and seemed to sort it but obviously not what i want. Would this be an effect causing this or a speaker? any idea? I am a newb to this so apologies in advance.
  • Tbh I bought 2nd ha d both time so could have just been unlucky and got units that were driven really hard by previous owners or even maybe connections loosening in transit / whatever. There's bazillions of them out there so they must be doing something right.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    JAYJO said:
    ... i was playing through them last night using  ... annoyed me  to the point i changed leads and guitars.
    The Rokits are fine starter studio monitors when used as studio monitors. A guitar will be far better off with a guitar combo, otherwise you will likely blow them in time. There is no need to get rid of the Rokits, just use them with your computer and studio gear. Then there will be no reason to lie to your wife.
    Tbh I bought 2nd ha d both time so could have just been unlucky and got units that were driven really hard by previous owners or even maybe connections loosening in transit / whatever. There's bazillions of them out there so they must be doing something right.
    Yes good point. I will be cautious and hopefully theyve had an easy life. Cheers mate. 
    Whistler said:
    JAYJO said:
    ... i was playing through them last night using  ... annoyed me  to the point i changed leads and guitars.
    The Rokits are fine starter studio monitors when used as studio monitors. A guitar will be far better off with a guitar combo, otherwise you will likely blow them in time. There is no need to get rid of the Rokits, just use them with your computer and studio gear. Then there will be no reason to lie to your wife.
    Yes mate..options are there. Im pleased with the speakers. I got a better sound tonight using tones from the app. I have backing tracks loaded to phone etc. Ive got my Ez drummer back up and reaper will be getting another go... so ive got plenty of use for my speakers... tons to learn....Thanks mate much appreciated. 
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    I had Krk Rokit G2’s used in anger for ten years until one went, now on G4’s (just because I got used to the sound) I’m rather happy they are  though  massively improved using room calibiration software 
    mrleon83 said:
    I had Krk Rokit G2’s used in anger for ten years until one went, now on G4’s (just because I got used to the sound) I’m rather happy they are  though  massively improved using room calibiration software 
    did you play your guitar through them as well as everything else etc or just studio pluggins etc... As Iv'e bought used i have no idea what they've been through.. here's hoping.  =)
    JAYJO said:
    mrleon83 said:
    did you play your guitar through them as well as everything else etc or just studio pluggins etc... As Iv'e bought used i have no idea what they've been through.. here's hoping.  =)
    Yes literally everything, guitar into an fm3 through an audio interface then out of the speakers.

i personally wouldn’t be too worried unless you’re seriously down tuned, i may be cavalier but i use mine 8 hours a day (i use them for music while working) without any issues what so ever  :-) 

Also, I think they have overload warning lights? Just don’t overload them, there’s no difference between a fire hawk vs a plugin 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrleon83 said:
    JAYJO said:
    mrleon83 said:
    Yes literally everything, guitar into an fm3 through an audio interface then out of the speakers.

i personally wouldn’t be too worried unless you’re seriously down tuned, i may be cavalier but i use mine 8 hours a day (i use them for music while working) without any issues what so ever  :-) 

Thats great to know.....thanks for your input much appreciated...
    mrleon83 said:
    Also, I think they have overload warning lights? Just don’t overload them, there’s no difference between a fire hawk vs a plugin 
    I notice theres 3 dials on the back... no clue what theyre for..I think one is volume but the other 2 idk...? 
    JAYJO said:
    mrleon83 said:
    I notice theres 3 dials on the back... no clue what theyre for..I think one is volume but the other 2 idk...? 
    Volume, low cut and hi cut I think 
    LPF low pass filter. HPF high pass filter 
    mrleon83 said:
    LPF low pass filter. HPF high pass filter 
    Cheers mate. Something else i know nothing about....im going to be busy
  • Even set bed guitar your not gonna throw out anything like as much bass as a produced track.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ