Hearing protection - experiences , advice appreciated

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I got re-moulds from ACS a couple of months ago and it cost £100 (no filters included: I already had a few sets)...was probably five years since the last set of moulds.

You gotta put them in before your drummer starts soundchecking his snare...and mine don't come out until I'm all loaded-out and ready for the drive home...no exceptions.
    Fully agree with this. Mine are in and out at about the same point of the evening.
    ACS Pro 17’s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2327
    MaxA867 said:
    just a heads up - If you’re a Musicians Union member you might qualify for the musicians hearing health scheme. For £37.50 you get a full hearing test and a set of moulded ACS pro plugs with whichever filter you want.

https://musiciansunion.org.uk/membership-benefits/musicians-hearing-health-scheme
    That’s a good scheme but requires a lot of hoops to be jumped through, including evidence of (proper) professional activity, which lots of us might struggle to produce.

I’ve got some Vic Firth silicon plugs which are always on my keyring. They may not be the best but I always have them on me and they’re easy to take in/out without tools and are comfortable to wear.

Definitely possible to gig with them in (Vox/Acoustic) but I tend to use IEMs anyway.
    I’d apply for it anyway.  Worked for a lot of people I know.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom