Gram Parsons

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Stuckfast said:
    Gram wasn't from Nashville though. He was originally from the deep south somewhere and wound up in LA. California had its own country scene thanks to Bakersfield. 'Country rock' probably owes more to Bakersfield acts like Buck Owens than to Nashville country.
    Florida - he grew in Florida. Not that I am an expert. I've just read the one article. But it said thats were he was bought up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1787
    edited November 2023
    I find the US desert areas fascinating and I do get why Mr. Parsons loved the area it is a special place this is not the Gram Parsons room or the Emmylous suite as it's called she sternly had her own room lol but even now it is pretty low-rent digs in the good American tradition of keep the black light torch in the bag lol.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    Stuckfast said:
    Gram wasn't from Nashville though. He was originally from the deep south somewhere and wound up in LA. California had its own country scene thanks to Bakersfield. 'Country rock' probably owes more to Bakersfield acts like Buck Owens than to Nashville country.
    Yep, agree - but Nashville doesn't just get off on Nashvillians.  You'll hear Chris Stapleton everywhere in Nashville yet he's from Kentucky (OK, adjacent) and Hank Williams is also ubiquitous - he was from 'Bama.  I just find it odd that GP seems largely unknown in Nashville and just can't figure out why.

NB - mention of Bakersfield reminds me of the album of the same name by Paul Franklin and Vince Gill.  If you haven't checked it out, do so - it's brilliant :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom