Any McGeoch fans here?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Definitely one of the more interesting players from pop bands (in the sense of 'bands that got on the radio and into the charts) from round then; he and Andy Summers were definitely taking guitar somewhere new. Even then I was a full-on metalhead but I would always listen to any Banshees or Police stuff because it was always interesting musically, unlike almost everything else in the charts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Roughly one third of the way to the target. Roughly three weeks left to get your pledges in.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Saw him with Magazine in 1979 and it remains one of the top three gigs of my life.

He is responsible for me attempting during the 1980s to play even the tiniest pub room using two 50-watt Marshalls and a JC120.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    JohnPerry said:
    Saw him with Magazine in 1979 and it remains one of the top three gigs of my life.

He is responsible for me attempting during the 1980s to play even the tiniest pub room using two 50-watt Marshalls and a JC120.
    Pardon?  ;)

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    JohnPerry said:

Pardon?  ;)
    Yep. The Armoury Show at The Venue in Edinburgh is still one of the loudest gigs I've ever been to. It was fantastic though, and far better than the album.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Definitely one of the more interesting players from pop bands (in the sense of 'bands that got on the radio and into the charts) from round then; he and Andy Summers were definitely taking guitar somewhere new. Even then I was a full-on metalhead but I would always listen to any Banshees or Police stuff because it was always interesting musically, unlike almost everything else in the charts.
    That’s why I always liked Alex Lifeson as his style was like a bridge between the hard rock stuff and the more textural and esoteric playing of post punk. 

But yeah. One of my biggest regrets is I never saw McGeoch. Had tickets to see PIL in 87 and the bassist broke his wrist. :(
  • jeztone2 said:
    Definitely one of the more interesting players from pop bands (in the sense of 'bands that got on the radio and into the charts) from round then; he and Andy Summers were definitely taking guitar somewhere new. Even then I was a full-on metalhead but I would always listen to any Banshees or Police stuff because it was always interesting musically, unlike almost everything else in the charts.
    That’s why I always liked Alex Lifeson as his style was like a bridge between the hard rock stuff and the more textural and esoteric playing of post punk. 

But yeah. One of my biggest regrets is I never saw McGeoch. Had tickets to see PIL in 87 and the bassist broke his wrist. :(
    Wanker!  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    65% pledged, 8 days left. New personal items made available to attract further pledges.

What are you waiting for? 
    edited December 2023
    79%, 5 days to go bump.
  • Yep big fan of his Magazine and Banshees playing, not really explored the era of PiL he was playing with them - anything I should investigate? Any other stuff not Magazine and Banshees i'd be interested in checking out too.
    There was The Armoury Show, the band he formed with the singer and bass player out of the Skids in the mid 1980s. I think they put out one album but then fizzled out.
    edited December 2023
    Just £431 to go. Two and a bit days to get there. 
    Kickstarter Update #3 asserts that rewards will begin to be dispatched during April. Next update promised in approximately three months. 

I have already forgotten what, if anything, I might receive in the mail. Like George Harrison underwriting Monty Python's Life Of Brian, I just wanted to see the film.