Line 6 Pod Go v2.0 just released

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5556
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm thinking about getting a Pod Go. I read somewhere that it's not the smoothest at changing between patches, has this update fixed that or is there still a bit of lag?
    but isn't this what snapshots are for?  I tend to have everything for a song on one patch and switch sounds with snapshots.  I might change patches between songs but there is time for that.
    I'm not sure what snapshots are tbh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm thinking about getting a Pod Go. I read somewhere that it's not the smoothest at changing between patches, has this update fixed that or is there still a bit of lag?
    but isn't this what snapshots are for?  I tend to have everything for a song on one patch and switch sounds with snapshots.  I might change patches between songs but there is time for that.
    Generally speaking, snapshots change fast but you can get weird noises where for example delay settings are very different. And it would be so much easier to see colours on screen for each snapshot rather than just the footswitch, like you see in stomp mode, & to have bigger bold text.  Even in patch mode, seeing 4 patch names in small text is hard to see clearly standing over Pod Go at a gig.  I'd really like an option to see a single bigger patch name in the window, preferably telling you if there are snapshots in the patch & what they are.   

For live use I personally find snapshots too awkward to go in/out of, and you're restricted to the amp & effects in the patch. And when you select the patch, unless you stay in snap mode, you can't see (a) if it contains snapshots, & (b) what they are. 

For me on stage it's all about simplicity, visibility & speed. So because of the above, for gigging I like to keep my Pod Go in stomp mode with one or two foot-switches set as a clean volume or gain boost for solos, & then scroll through patches using external momentary switches.  YMMV of course.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31664
    Interesting about the patch change speed being improved, I hadn't noticed as I only use one! 
    Just to ensure I'm not misleading anyone here, to clarify re gigging.  My main gigging MFX is still my Vox Tonelab LE, where I set it up in song order so I can just go easily from one patch/song to another. Some patches have the Control switch set for typically a Tubescreamer boost, and I use a BBE Boosta Grand placed after TLLE as a global clean boost that I can adjust in an instant via its one knob.  I put my TLLE through FOH &/or my FRFR Headrush 108's. 

Where I use my Pod Go for gigging is if I have to go through the front end of a (usually unknown) guitar amp where I don't want amp/cab modelling & I just use Pod Go as a pedal board.  Also, where if I have to travel by tube weight & size is an issue.  I have a couple of gigs coming up end Nov & mid Dec, and now that we have the new cab engine I'll consider whether I use Pod Go and set it up in song order with amp/cab models.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Voxman said:
    Generally speaking, snapshots change fast but you can get weird noises where for example delay settings are very different. And it would be so much easier to see colours on screen for each snapshot rather than just the footswitch, like you see in stomp mode, & to have bigger bold text.  Even in patch mode, seeing 4 patch names in small text is hard to see clearly standing over Pod Go at a gig.  I'd really like an option to see a single bigger patch name in the window, preferably telling you if there are snapshots in the patch & what they are.   

re the weird noises, have you looked at the 'Tempo Pitch' setting in global settings?
    shuikit said:
    Voxman said:

re the weird noises, have you looked at the 'Tempo Pitch' setting in global settings?
    Yup - even set for 'transparent' you'd hear it as if the CPU was trying to play catch-up for a split second, where delay settings are very different between 2 snaps.  However, I've not yet tried it in v2.0 so similar to patch changing, this may have been remedied/improved.  Will have a play & report back.