Do you keep parts that you will never use?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2411
    I recently had a massive clearout of old shite that despite being broken beyond repair, was still stored in the parts bin, including a yamaha acoustic, a harley benton folk acoustic, a lockdown partscaster put together with the cheapest neck/body possible (total outlay including pickups £80) and my first ever guitar, a much bodged plywood "Artist" strat. 

it was extremely cathartic performing my first ever Pete Townshend manoeuvre next to the wheelie bin  B)

I declined however, to throw away the big bag of Matsumoku /Westone screws that are near on impossible to find. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This is what a parts draw is for.

(It’s “drawer” by the way).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18829
    Talking about shite that has no useful place to be... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67378401
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Dead stuff usually goes but I have boxes of all sorts of odds & ends, it's surprising how useful they can be. My router table has a router lift made from a cut-down Mercedes car jack, with a handle made from a dead set of welding bottle pressure gauges. An old exercise bike is still donating body parts years later. A puller made from a Ford Mustang anti-roll bar bush among other bits. and so on.

When we were meant to be moving house earlier in the year I chucked loads of metal sheet/tube and all sorts, nuts & bolts, random saved things. To trim down for the move. Almost immediately found myself looking for something that was now in the recycling centre : -//
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom