Gibson CS356- what's the wisdom?

GassageGassage Frets: 30926
Those nice people at Coda have been tempting with a rather sexy Gibbo CS356 but I know little them other than this one sounds just like Neil Young sounds!! Well slightly so....and it's puurdy.... So what do we know and is 2200 a good price? http://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-cs356-bigsby-faded-cherry-secondhand-p-20192.html

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Buy it instantly. It will stop me leering at it anymore than I already did yesterday.....
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27047
    edited October 2014
    Awesome guitars, slightly narrow necks iirc. Essentially the same as a CS-336 and those are bloody marvellous. 2200 sounds a good price from a shop imo.

Should give all the tones in the world with those pickups and fancy switchy rings too.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited October 2014
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The only way to really know is to go and play it. If you absolutely love it and play it all the time the cost becomes irrelevant 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.