SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Martin 0-15M Westside

What's Hot
Just parted with my Waterloo WL14XTR  :'( So looking for one of those 0-15M Martins. I believe there were several runs over the years, but all of them had 1 3/4 nut widths and shorter scale length.

If you have one for sale or if you spot one somewhere, please do let me know!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I don't know if it'd fit the bill, but I've just decided to let my Martin 00-17S go.  It's 24.9", 12-fret and 1 3/4" nut width.  Can send details if you like.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
    edited November 2023
    thanks, @Trude ! 00-17S are lovely guitars with nice thin finish (similar to the Waterloo I had), but I'm looking for 14-fretter.

Actually, I just bought Martin 00-15E Retro yesterday, it should arrive earlier next week. It's a discontinued variation of 15M with 1 3/4 nut width, 24.9" scale and ebony fretboard and bridge instead of rosewood. AFAIK, it's the only 00-15M variation with such specs. It looks like I bought an earlier version with high regarded Fishman Aura F1+ pickup fitted (later they changed it to a simplified Fishman Aura VT Enhance). 
    It's in a "Burst" colour that I'm not sure yet if I like or not though  But I thought I'd give it a try as it seems to fit most of my requirements and it's a quite rare example to find these days, so there might not be another chance any time soon!

That being said, I'm still interested in Martin 0-15M Westside as I really fancy its look and wanted to try single O guitar. It'd be nice to compare them to choose one hog guitar  to settle with and start looking into 18/28 series o

So if someone sells or spots 0-15M Westside, please do let me know!
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    There’s a 0-15 Westside on Reverb this morning 
  • Hey @Andy79 ;
    Thanks a lot for sharing this! It looks lovely! Interestingly, it comes with a hard case and doesn't have a label with a model name inside the soundhole. I guess it's an earlier model.

BTW, I remember seeing another one on Reverb several weeks ago. It got sold in a matter of hours! Curious how long this will last.

That being said, I'm not looking to buy one for now. I ended up part-exchanging that Martin 00-15E Retro I mentioned in the previous post for Atkin 037 
    (also with a short scale and 1 3/4 nut width) at Coda. So I'm short on funds for another acoustic atm  =)

To be honest, I was quite underwhelmed by 00-15E. It was very quite and a bit challenging to play (could have been fixed by a better setup I guess). The sound was mellow but it really wasn't that much resonant at all. I had to play way more harder to get a good enough sound from it than usual. I'm not sure if it's the case with all 15M style guitars, but if I ever decide to go for 0-15M again I'd definitely try it first. The Fishman Aura F1+ system sounded amazing though!

In contrast, Atkin 037 is very resonant and louder. It's noticeably louder than 00-15E while being 0 size. So far I've been very impressed by it. Obviously, it's a much more expensive guitar than 00-15E (~x2+ times more expensive). But that's one of rare cases when the price difference does convert into better sound and feeling. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That’s a Mahogany Martin in a nutshell. Mellow. They do take a long time to open up but then they are still a long way from a spruce top. 

• And it's gone!
    I think it went before we finished our discussion about it……