PSA: Rode NTH100 headphones on sale for £69.50 at Studio Spares

What's Hot

Rode NTH100 headphones on sale for £69.50 at Studio Spares. Excellent headphones great price. I use them for recording. Nicely isolated, comfortable and great sound.

No affil.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1301
    Good spot!  I've had my eye on a pair of these for a while, but need to convince myself I don't need them!!

The claims about them being cool to wear - are they genuine?  I have KRK headphones and they make me very sweaty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2289
    Bod said:
    Good spot!  I've had my eye on a pair of these for a while, but need to convince myself I don't need them!!

The claims about them being cool to wear - are they genuine?  I have KRK headphones and they make me very sweaty.
    I confess I don't tend to wear headphones for hours and hours so I'm not the best tester, but I did use them a fair bit for short periods over the summer with no issues.

Did a fair bit of recording of a singer in my little studio and he used them I can say they isolate very well and he likes the music mix up when to takes so I'm pleased with their performance overall plus they seem really rugged as well as nice looking.

69 quid (NOT what I paid FFS) is a great deal 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 334
    edited November 2023
    rze99 said:
    Bod said:

I confess I don't tend to wear headphones for hours and hours so I'm not the best tester, but I did use them a fair bit for short periods over the summer with no issues.

Did a fair bit of recording of a singer in my little studio and he used them I can say they isolate very well and he likes the music mix up when to takes so I'm pleased with their performance overall plus they seem really rugged as well as nice looking.

Are these old stock? From what I have read the plastic headband clips are prone to breaking. The Amazon price is £84.99 and some recent comments say they should have metal clips? Is there any truth in this?
    Vintage65 said:
    rze99 said:
    Bod said:

Are these old stock? From what I have read the plastic headband clips are prone to breaking, and have now been replaced with metal ones. The Amazon price is £84.99 and some recent comments say they have the new metal clips. Have you got the ones with the older plastic headband clips or the metal ones?
    Just checked - metal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MaakMaak Frets: 81
    Thanks!  I just ordered some.  I normally can't wear over ear headphones for long due to head squeeze and my ears getting too hot, hopefully these will do the trick.  I'm also hoping that they have the updated clips.  
    Maak said:
    Thanks!  I just ordered some.  I normally can't wear over ear headphones for long due to head squeeze and my ears getting too hot, hopefully these will do the trick.  I'm also hoping that they have the updated clips.  
    Good luck with them

If you have them for a while and change your mind let me know I might snaffle another pair for the occasional dual monitoring need!
    rze99 said:
    Maak said:
    Good luck with them

If you have them for a while and change your mind let me know I might snaffle another pair for the occasional dual monitoring need!
    I got them this morning and I didn't get on with them, I so might take you up on your offer if they don't let me return them (due to open packaging, hygiene).  They sounded a bit muffled to me if I compared them to the other headphones I have; isk hd9999 and the bose qc15
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    Maak said:
    rze99 said:
    Maak said:
    Good luck with them

I got them this morning and I didn't get on with them, I so might take you up on your offer if they don't let me return them (due to open packaging, hygiene).  They sounded a bit muffled to me if I compared them to the other headphones I have; isk hd9999 and the bose qc15
    Do they have the improved ear cup clips?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Maak said:
    rze99 said:
    Maak said:
    Good luck with them

Do they have the improved ear cup clips?
    I'm not sure, what do the improved ones look like?  Before I purchased I did notice Rode are now offering a lifetime warranty
    https://rode.com/en/about/news-info/the-nth-100-headphones-are-now-covered-by-a-lifetime-warranty
    Maak said:
    rze99 said:
    Maak said:
    Good luck with them

Sorry you don't like them.

Studiospares IME have excellent customer service so expect they'll have em back and flog as B stock.

Id, not, pop me a PM